Audio/subwoofer help! please....?

Username: Lbsunkist2

Danville, Cali

Post Number: 1
heyy ok i just got my first car lol and i have nooo idea exactly what amplifiers and tweeters and subs and basically everything does... i have 1-1,500 to spend right now... what should i spend it on? where does everything go? i have a 2005 acura tsx, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!

Danville, Cali

Post Number: 2
oh and i was looking at this website but ive never met anyone who has had speakers from there... http://www.cadencesound.com/ if anyone could check it out or if you know anything about them that would be awesome! thanks again...

Anonymous

1500 to spend, u can get something really nice with that. An acura tsx will not leave that much space in the trunk. I would probably go with 1 12" subs sealed. I have no idea if u want loud booming bass or sq so here it goes. Get an mtx 801d amp that puts out 800 watts at 2 ohms and go with a RE X.X.X. 12" sub. Dual 1 or 4. It is gonna be a pretty big sealed box to get full excursion from that sub but u should have enough room. Also, with 800 watts, you may be able to make it without getting a new alt. As for the head unit and component speakers, Infinity or Eclipse should do. Anything by them should be good enough. With this set up you should have great SQ and may be in the low 140s in spl (really hard to tell though).
Here is estimate on prices.
Sub- 450 Amp 300 Box 100 Wiring kit 60- that is 900 so u have 600 left for the head unit and component speakers. Good Luck and Hope i helped a little.

Danville, Cali

Post Number: 3
thanks, and yes you did! so subs go in your trunk? where do u get a sealed box/ what is it? thanks

Anonymous

wow buddy, u really meant u know nothin... yes subs usually go in your trunk...do you have any friends that have systems? im sure they could help you alot. and a sealed box is the box that the sub goes in where it is sealed off meaning no air travels in or out of the box...also you could go to a local shop and ask them for opinions and help and things...its free as long as they are nice which the usually are

Danville, Cali

Post Number: 4
haha ok thanks! if u have the chance could u check out this website and tell me what u think?http://www.cadencesound.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us