Need Help With Picking An Amp

Username: Counterstrike

Post Number: 7
ok im back i have asked this question so much but no one can give me the answer and when they do its not what im looking for so i know you guys know what your talking about so here it goes im buying 2 Alpine SWR-1541D 15" Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil Component Subwoofer, now how many watts does the amp have to be to run these subs and not blow them, and if anyone know what would be a good amp if they have a brand name or something. thanks a lot if you can help.

Bronze Member
Username: Jdc

Post Number: 11
what is the peak power on one of the subs

Username: Counterstrike

Post Number: 9
the peak power is 1500 but the rms is 500 a sub so where dealing with 1000 rms but 3000 watts

error51
Unregistered guest
dual 4 ohm voice coils if run in parrallel will drop your load down to 2 ohms if in series they will be 8 ohms.

So you need an amp that can handle roughly 1000 watts @ 2 ohms i am guessing. so anything that adversises 2000 watts @ 1 ohm will work. to drive one of them.

Make sure you are not clipping anything through your signal chain though you will blow em if you push them to the edge. Gotta love that all ever loving over excursion of a speaker.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5893
depends on your budget.
you want about 500 300-400 watts per sub for those.
a JBL BP1200.1 would work. at 1 ohm, you can deliver 600 watts per sub, which they'll take given the right box.
another option is to run a pair of class D mono amps for the subs.. give each sub a dedicated 400-500 watt amp.
personally I'd have gone with two dual 2 ohm coil subs so you could drive both with a single mono amp at 2 ohms.

a kicker kx1200.1 would give 600w each @ 1 ohm as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us