Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 34
What is every one's Opinion on the Eclipse CD8454

Bronze Member
Username: Jroc

West Salem, Wisconsin U.S.

Post Number: 21
never seen anyone with it but it looks like it would be a great unit...i guess its all your own opinion

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5894
my second favorite head unit :-)
they kick butt.

Bronze Member
Username: Jdc

Post Number: 15
i would have to go with GlssWolf my brother has one it is good

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 22
I have one. The memory stick is lame. It copies from the CD into ATRAC3 files which you can only copy at 112 kbps. You are supposed to be able to download personalized settings from the website but actually all you do is set up the sound parameters yourself on the site. There are no preset settings for your car. You change everything you want on the unit itself. It helps to visualize the system on the computer and make the settings there but it's so far a pain in the butt.

The sound quality however is excellent. I don't like the nob remote because it is bulky. Also when changing the volume with the remote it is VERY slow. So much that it's not fun to use. Also a couple of times when playing a CD the whole thing just froze. I had to turn the car off to get it to reset.

I love the VF display. It is smooth and slick. The unit has great options but I wish I would have bought the 8053 because the nob remote works a lot faster, the face moves a lot faster when ejecting a cd, and there is no memory stick. There are many more things I can say about the 8454, good and bad but overall I love it. I wish I had my old 8051 back, but alas, I'm content with this unit.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5901
I will admit I don't really use the memory stick features, as I do all of my system tuning via audiocontrol EQTs.

My favorite source is the alpine cda-7990 F#1status but that's out of the price range of the CD8454 by about 5 times the price.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 168
Oh come on glass whats a hair over 3 grand for a head unit.

Bronze Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 39
that you could build a nice system for less than that head unit.

What kind of Audio Control EQTs are you running Glasswolf.

I am trying to have a great SQ Truck.
I was also debating about the PG32eq. any thoughts on that piece.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5922
The MSRP for the 7990 is $3k but one can be bought new for about $1700 street price.

I'm using two of these in sierra white:
http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAudio/Products/Equalizers/EQT.html

the PG32 seems to be pretty good. I've seen a few folks use one and have good results.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us