2 decent subs or 1 great one

numb260
Unregistered guest
Some examples, 2 12" Adire Shivas vs. 1 12" Bramha or 2 12" Alpine Type R's vs. 1 12" Type X. I've heard that having 2 will move more air, but also the higher end models have more RMS than 2 of the lower ones put together. I'm going for SQ mainly, but it'd be nice to get loud. I've got an E-150 van so space is not a problem.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 426
go to walmart, buy 12 of there roadmaster 8" subwoofers, they run about 20 bucks a peiece, find yourself a JBL 1200.1, surprisingly the subs are dual 4 ohm, wire them up, you got yourself a wall of 12 subs...hahaha

Help2
Unregistered guest
Dude, your problem is too much space.
Id say 1 15"...I hate to say it..Brahma...
Or if you can find an eD 15AE out there...
Or if you can wait for the eD 16Ov2
ported...tuned to 27 Hz or so.

numb260
Unregistered guest
I listen mostly to hard rock so I want more of the tighter bass that a 12 can give me.

Username: Unbridled304

Chagrin Falls , Ohio

Post Number: 4
go with 4 infinity kappa perfect 12 dvqs it will allow you to run one amp at a steady 2ohms and will give you high volumes with great responce and will make it loud

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 153
In a vehicale that big one 12 isn't going to do what you want it to do. I would try for 3, or 4 subs. Two maybe if you have a really good box design, and go with high end subs.

numb260
Unregistered guest
Okay well I guess the question is 4 mediocre subs or 2 great ones. I'll prolly go with the Shivas. Can a JBL 1200.1 do that or should I go with 2 600.1? They're 4 ohm subs. And then should I put them all in one box or have 2 dual boxes? What's Glasswolf's opionion on this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us