Pioneer deh-p8400mp wont come on

Username: Thebrianhusted

Alpharetta, Ga Usa

Post Number: 2
I have had my DEH-P8400MP FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS. IT IS THE HU WITH THE MOTORIZED DECK THAT LOWERS DOWN AND THE DISLPAY BECOMES VEIWABLE. WHEN I TURN ON MY CAR, THE DECK LOWERS BUT THEN THE DISPLAY DOES NOT COME ON AND I CANT GET IT TO WORK. I TRIED EVERYTHING AND STILL IT WILL NOT TURN ON. I NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS. I PULLED IT OUT FROM MY DASH AND THE WIRES LOOK FINE. IT JUST TURNS OFF AS SOON AS THE DECK LOWERS . PLEASE HELP ME.
BRIAN

Bronze Member
Username: Jroc

West Salem, Wisconsin U.S.

Post Number: 14
is there any illumination at all when the unit lowers...

Alpharetta, Ga Usa

Post Number: 3
no, none at all, it plays fine when its up but when the deck lowers it has no power anymore.

Username: Poonjahb

Post Number: 1
I have one that did the exact same thing after about two years. If anyone can figure out how to fix this I would be extremely happy. Only the face seems to lose power, whatever source I was playing before I tried to lower the face would still be playing, but none of the buttons will respond at all, and there is no illumination.

Post Number: 2
Found this solution:
http://www.carreview.com/PRD_174152_2861crx.aspx

Looks like they sell a service part for ~$19 shipped that takes care of the issue. Bad design in my opinion. I'll order one and let you know how it goes.

Alpharetta, Ga Usa

Post Number: 4
i went to a local electronics shop in my area. the owner told me that alot of headunits with this problem have been coming into his shop lately. he said that the unit stops working about after two years and needs a modification to make it work fine. he told me it would cost about 100 dollars. i didnt know what else to do so left it there. im picking it up on tuesday. ill let you know how it turns out

Joel88
Unregistered guest
same problem with the 8400.. my car audio shop told me it had to do with the wire strip that connects the base unit to the faceplate. He said he had seen this before with this model and it would be a couple hundred bucks for the dealer to fix it. The part is cheap the labor is not. That's where I'm at with no deck in my truck.

Post Number: 3
After ordering the part mentioned above, it took me about 20-30 minutes to install and worked like a champ. I can't believe shops are charging $100 labor or more to put this thing in. All you need to install it is a couple of philips screwdrivers and a little patience. The repair part comes with detailed instructions to install it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us