How is this for a starter set up

Bronze Member
Username: Bigap15

Post Number: 39
OK, im thinking about getting a Soundstream Van Gogh 600.2 amp. It is rated at 150 X 2 @ 4ohm, 300 X 2 @ 2ohm, rms wattage. I am also getting 2 alpine type R 10" subs rated at 300 watt rms each. The Subs will be in a single sealed box about .8 cubic feet. I am getting a Clarion DXZ545MP cd player. I will keep the car factory speakers for now. Is it ok to run the subs at full rms or should i look for a different amp. Will this make the subs lifetime shorter. I think they come with lifetime warranty to fix them if they blow. Will this all be ok, or should i go with something else. I was also looking at a Kicker comp vr 10" in a sealed box. which would be better with that amp. Also this will be in a 93 mustang GT.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Will someone please answer me.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5844
that syustem sounds very nice.
the type Rs will be fine with that amo.
I'd get some good front components though.. the subs are really going to overpower low end factory speakers. you'll want a brighter, more accurate soundstage ideally

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
well i was thinking of getting this for now and upgrading them later, the mustang has amplified front and rear speakers. i dont know how much though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
If i do Upgrade the fronts what would i do. Would i get a pair of 6x8 for the doors, then hook um up to an amp. Or should i get tweeters too. Here is what i would like to get Alpine SPR-574A speakers. i would like to stay with alpine type r. These are 35 watts a peice rms, is that good enough. what kinda amp should i get.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5859
I'd use 6.5" separates up front.
forget 6x8s.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us