Pioneer loses power when face is opened to eject CD

Username: Kaz

Test, GA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer DEH-PC25 detachable face CD player. Normally, to eject a CD, I would open the face plate, it would flip down, then I would hit the eject button to change CD's. (the eject button and CD drive both located behind the face plate). The problem now is that when I open the face, the unit powers off to where the eject button has no power and I am unable to eject the CD. As soon as I close the face, the power kicks back on. I tried pushing in the little sensor that lets the unit know the face is up while I had the face open, and it does nothing.

This process was working just fine where I had power and music playing while the face was open, until I hooked a new amp to it. Everything is wired correctly to the amp. I am using FRONT OUT rca from head unit to AMP. Dedicated power from battery to AMP. Remote from head unit to AMP. AMP is grounded.

I even tried disconnecting the AMP, and my CD player still has the problem.

I have my radio wiring as:
red - to red ignition
yellow - to orange constant (lighter)
orange - to orange constant (lighter)
blue - amp remote
black - grounded

Within my CD menu, FIFE is off, Subwoofer is off. I do not have a cd changer installed.

Does anyone know why this thing all the sudden wants to power off when I open my face plate to get to the eject button? I think it was dumb that they engineered it like that anyways.

Please help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5776
try using the reset button on the head unit.
if that doesn't help, it may need to be repaired.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us