Quick downfire question

Jason Hoover
Unregistered guest
I was thinking of Making a downfire box...but id like to test it out first by using my current sealed box, how far should i prop the box up from the floor of my suv b4 i try it..like 4-6 inches..any suggestions? Using JL 12W3s if it means anything..just want it to be a bit louder

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 418
i was gonna say maybe 2-3in but i could be wrong

Jason Hoover
Unregistered guest
You might be right Jeff i have no idea the box used to be in my 97 saturn sc2 so i just had it facing the back..now i have an suv n i have no clue how to do it i just hear that downfire in suv you can usually benifit from it. Alos running you rca cables and power wire on different sides of the car...is this true? and how much difference does it make? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 420
you NEED to run your power and RCA's down opposite sides of the car, the power will interfeir with your rca and cause ground noise...

Jason Hoover
Unregistered guest
well one of my friends told me about this..it was on the same side in my car but not in the suv...when i got my suv i also got new head unit and as you know theres a difference already in an suv and a car so i obviously noticed a difference but there was several reasons for it...i just heard that its louder on one side more then the other and it affects the signal...I wired the rca on driver side and power on passanger so im A-okay there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us