Completion of Audio System

Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 1
Hi Everyone.
I have been doing car audio for a couple of years but nothing real big.

I have a new truck and I want to set a up a great system. Now I have only done installs for myself and acouple of friends. But I am building a system that is more than what I have ever had before. This is what I currently have.

I am currently running
3 sets of Diamond Audio M661
2 sets of Kicker RMB8
Eclipse Head Unit CD8454
Phoenix Gold 32band eq.
2 Optimas Yellow.
200 amp alternator

1 US amps USA3000
1 US Amps TU4360
1 US Amps USA400
1 US Amps USA200
Coustic XM7
DynoMat Extreme all over the truck.

but the problem that I have ran into is that I dont know what sub will acompany this system good.
I would eventually like to compete for SQ and I am setting everything up in a 4 way
I am also running a Coustic crossover that will do this for me.

I need help I am in unfamiliar teritory about this decision.

I am thinking RE X.X.X 15 or Treo SX15 or Kicker L715 what is everyones opinion on the best SQ and SPL sub out there between this options.

I need to wire it so that One sub will be running at 1 ohms at 1500 RMS or two subs running at 2 ohms at 3000 rms.
I have not put any of this in the truck yet but I want to have everything in hand so that once I start building I can just focus on that versus did I get the right equipment.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Post Number: 3
Hi Everyone.
I have been doing car audio for a couple of years but nothing real big.

I have a new truck and I want to set a up a great system. Now I have only done installs for myself and acouple of friends. But I am building a system that is more than what I have ever had before. This is what I currently have.

I am currently running
3 sets of Diamond Audio M661
2 sets of Kicker RMB8
Eclipse Head Unit CD8454
Phoenix Gold 32band eq.
2 Optimas Yellow.
200 amp alternator

1 US amps USA3000
1 US Amps TU4360
1 US Amps USA400
1 US Amps USA200
Coustic XM7
DynoMat Extreme all over the truck.

but the problem that I have ran into is that I dont know what sub will acompany this system good.
I would eventually like to compete for SQ and I am setting everything up in a 4 way
I am also running a Coustic crossover that will do this for me.

I need help I am in unfamiliar teritory about this decision.

I am thinking RE X.X.X 15 or Treo SX15 or Kicker L715 what is everyones opinion on the best SQ and SPL sub out there between this options.

I need to wire it so that One sub will be running at 1 ohms at 1500 RMS or two subs running at 2 ohms at 3000 rms.
I have not put any of this in the truck yet but I want to have everything in hand so that once I start building I can just focus on that versus did I get the right equipment.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Post Number: 10
Hello agian I really would like some opinions on this decision.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 276
as far as SQ wise, the X.X.X. would be your best bet. i havnt heard the Treo so i cant tell you about that, but the L715 is not what youre looking for.. its far more SPL based. make sure in your truck there is room for the large box that is going to be needed though, many trucks are limited on air space. as far as the rest of your setup, it looks great. if you need wiring go to knuconceptz.com good luck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thanks for the info. I have actually only found one retailer to carry RE audio. It made me want to ask more about the subs before taking a 700$ plunge into it. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us