What is a decent dB level ??

Anonymous

i just got a 15" clarion sub 600wrms + clarion amp and it gets 115dB and i was just wondering if this was good?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1019
115 isnt very loud but it is enuff to lose hearing during extended exposure

Bronze Member
Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 33
With 600 watts,and one sub that is very good.I know people with 2 15'S And even 6 12's that haven't got that much pressure.

Bronze Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 40
what kind of peices of shi** were those 12's. 115 isn't bad but it isn't that good. I think 125 db's is getting good. 600 watt's shood hit close to what your hitting.

Anonymous

Those peices of shi* were the same woofers you use.*Face*

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 44
really! they must have wired them up wrong. My system hit's way harder then 115 and I only hav 2 10's not 6 12's. Show's how much you know. Dumbass!

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 45
I know a guy with 4 6.5 radioshak subs with a lighting audio amp 150 watts. He hit's 114 db's!

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 35
Queerbate ,I used to have 1 volfenhag 12" subwoofer running on 500 watts in a sealed box,I hit over 140 db.

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 47
That isn't 6 12's is it! You said you know people with 2 15's and 6 12's that didn't have that kind of pressure

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 48
i wasn't talking about your system. I was commenting on your bud's system! 6 12's shold get better than 115 db's!

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 36
I didn't say they were usin volfenhags did I dumb-a$$

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 37
My friend is really stupid sometimes,the amp he is usin is powering all of his subs,He is using a pyramid 500 watt 2 channel amp.I hate pyramid

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 49
Why does he have 6 12's with that little of power. Does he not listen to you or any body for that matter. With that much money and room he cood have a nice pare of 12's! What kind of car does he hav to fit 6 12's? I didn't say any thing about volfenhag subs!

Bronze Member

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 38
He has a minivan.I told him he should get a nicer amp and not so many subs.He aint that brite

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5735
haha

ok an idea on SPL..
130dB is the max IASCA events give points for since they base system judging on SQ, install grade, and creativity more than raw SPL.
120dB is IASCA peak points in the lower classes like amateur and novice if I recall.
115dB isn't bone crushing, but it's loud for sure.
If you're using a single 15" with a JBL bp600.1, make sure the sub is 2 ohms, or dual 4 ohm coils, and wired in parallel.
use a ported box, about 3 cu. ft. and use a 6" port, tuned to 28Hz.
that'll make that sub hit pretty hard.
angle the face, or back of the box so they aren't parallel to avoid cancellation.
be sure all 4 inputs on the JBL amp have signal by using an RCA y-splitter pair of cables to split the two RCA lines to four. that helps a lot with that amp.
make sure amp gain is set right..

that's about all the advice I can offer there.

If you can get into the 130s with that sub it'll be pretty good. If you want better, think about going to a better sub, too.. one with a greater Xmax perhaps to move more air.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us