Amp and Setup

Unregistered guest
RIght now i have 2 6.5's in rear and 2 6.5's in the front of my car. They are ininity and they pump 180 wats each. IM looking to get a couple of 12's and im curious what kind of setup im going to have to do as far as wiring and the type of amp i would need. Id appreciate it if you guys could recommend some amps to use, whether to use 1 amp, 2 amps, how many watts to get good sound and bass, etc. Is it worth powering the speakers as well as the subs, or is it a waste. My deck is a pioneer dehp4600mp. Im not looking to spend really a whole lot, but im not a low baller. IM planning to get some infinity kappa perfects 12 inchers and possibly an audiobahn amp? THanks for any help

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 182
Hey Vinny, those Infinity speakers are great, I have the same ones. However, it's not 180W each, it's really around 60W rms per speaker.
Using external amp to power both front and rear do make a huge difference when it comes to sound quality. The HU only supplies 13W per channel with lots of distortion.
I would recommand 4 channel amp, that's what I have.
Now for the sub amp, get a class d with remote bass control. It is very very handy, I promise you won't regret it.
Be careful and do take your time when it comes to amps, lot of the cheap models aren't worth the money. If you have to, buy one amp at a time but do invest in a good quality one. Nothing like an amp blowing after few day's of use.
I've used MTX and Jensen for over 4 years, and even after all the abuse, they still work great.
One more thing, never trust the peak power numbers, they're all fake.

here'sjonny
Unregistered guest
I have one infinity perfect 12, its definitely a great sub for the money. If you look on ebay before the auctions end you can find an MTX 942. MTX makes a great amp. I just bought one and am waiting for it to mail. It gives 470 watts at 2 ohms x 2 channels. If you buy 12.1D's (dual voice coil) , You can wire them to get 470 RMS apiece.

here'sjonny
Unregistered guest
I have one infinity perfect 12, its definitely a great sub for the money. If you look on ebay before the auctions end you can find an MTX 942. MTX makes a great amp. I just bought one and am waiting for it to mail. It gives 470 watts at 2 ohms x 2 channels at 14.4 volts. If you buy 12.1D's (dual voice coil) , You can wire them to get 470 RMS apiece. The Infinity's are rated at 350 RMS, but are supposidly underrated. Alpines are also nice amps, and JL makes the best amps if you want to spend a load of money

Username: Thrust

Post Number: 10
Even if you put 2 cheap*ss amps on your 4 6.5's and add a sub, the difference would be MIND NUMBING!!! Another option is a 5 channel amp. It can be easier than installing 2 amps, plus less expensive.

OMG Isaac . . Jensen?!??!?!?!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us