Glass or Jonathan, advice?

Bronze Member
Username: Romesaz

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 14
Firstly, Jonathan, sorry for the PM, I wasnt aware that it sends it as an email.
Secondly, I was just looking for some advice on models and brands.

The situation: My friend owns a Ford Contour, and is looking to do a sound upgrade.
Now I've looked around here and have seen numerous recommendations to not even bother with rear speakers, or if they're available, to cross them over to mid frequencies and use them as filler.
Also, from what I understood, there was a usual recommendation to get the HU first, if a one time big purchase is not possible.

Budget is about 1250-1500 Canadian, but since can $ is going quite strong, i wouldnt worry about conversions too much. Either way, we were thinking to start off with the JVC ar800, as the first purchase, but we're still somewhat in need of advice as to where to actually go from here.

So to cut to the chase: What would you recommend with this budget. There might be some flexibility in this budget, and the things that we'd be getting with the money would be amp(s), HU, and components, or 2-ways for the front of the car. Plus cross over if needed and/or recommended, (plus of course, if you have any other recommendations, any and all advice is welcome).

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 15
Hm... I guess this could have been the wrong section to post this, but since it really included speakers, HUs, and Amps, it was just instinctive to post here for some reason. Appologies if its an inconvinience.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 16
Oh and I almost forgot, I'm not sure if you've worked with the contour before; the front door speakers can be a max of 6x9. If that helps decision at all.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 17
Hm... Wow, i'm really wishing there was an edit button.
Also, was wondering what kind of wiring and such you would suggest. And whether any other purchases are needed? resistors/capacitors/battery ???

Again, thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us