Amps

Username: Beemer318

Post Number: 2
i have 2 infinity kappa perfect 12". and wondering since the speaker peak power is 1,400 , ill use a 2000watt and 1000 watt amp.what would be the best way of wiring this, and what amp(s) would i need(2ch or 4ch?)

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 123
Whoa tanner, peak power doesn't mean anything. What you need to look at is the rms power. When you say 2000w and 1000w amp are you talking in terms of peak power again? What brand are those? Some cheap amps claim 1000 and 2000w but when you actually try it, they shoot out tons of distortion and possibly cause speaker burnout.
If your amp supports 2 ohms, then wire the speakers in parallel, if it only supports 4 ohms, then connect each speaker to seperate channel (2 channel mode).
You don't need 4 channels unless you're planning to power front and rear speakers. I recommand that if you want the highest sound quality.

Post Number: 3
my speakers say the recommended rms is 75-350. the amps i was looking are no longer for sale so what is yor opinion on what kind of amp(s) i should get?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 156
Hey Tanner, depending on your budget, you can go with Kicker, JL, Rockford, and US Amps. If they're out of your price range, MTX and Audiobahn has some that might interest you. Look for Class D to power your subs. If you want maximum power, look for 2 ohm stable amps.
One MTX model that I was interested in was 6500D. I think it's rated 500W at 2 ohms @ 12V and 770W at 2 ohms @ 14.4V.
On eBay they were being sold for around $85.

Post Number: 4
i couldnt find mtx 6500 but i did find a nice audiobahn A8002T, rated at 800 RMS watts, would that be ebouph to push my subs or would i need a bigger amp?

Username: Thrust

Post Number: 2
1 - "my speakers say the recommended rms is 75-350"

2 - "i couldnt find mtx 6500 but i did find a nice audiobahn A8002T, rated at 800 RMS watts"

tanner, tanner, tanner. . . the MAX RMS wattage for both your speakers combined is 700w, I wouldn't recommend pushing them with an 800w rms amp. Do some research on "series" or "parallel" speaker setups (i.e. (2) 4 ohm speakers in parallel = 2 ohm load) Match the "RMS wattage @ ? OHMS amp" for whatever setup you plan to use for those speakers. I would recommend a 500w x 1 @ ? ohm Class D amp.

here'sjonny
Unregistered guest
an mtx801d would do the trick if the subs are single voice coil. This is known as a mono amp or one channel. To wire the single voice coils run wire out of the channel to the first sub, and then run another wire from the first sub + to + and - to - to the second sub. This will bring the ohm rating from 4 down to 2. doing this will allow you to better utilize an amp's capabilities. But the amp must be 2 ohm stable.

Post Number: 5
my speakers are dual 4-ohm voice speakers, how could i hook up the same amp? if i can
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us