DO I NEED AN ALTERNATOR UPGRADE???????

Username: Danny525

Post Number: 1
HEY ALL, I GOT A 1993 MUSTANG COBRA, I HAVE 4 300 RMS INFINITY 1230'S RUNNING OFF OF 2 SONY AMPS RUNNING 200 RMS TO EACH SUB, DO I NEED AN ALTERNATOR UPGRADE. ALSO I MIGHT SELL THESE TO A BUDDY AND BUY A 1500 RMS 15 INCH POWER ACOUSTIK MOFO. ANY AND ALL INFO ON THESE SUBS, SET UPS, AND PLEASE FOR THE ALTERNATOR WOULD BE GREAT!

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 101
Hey Danny, 300W is not much when it comes to subs. You'll use that up in a heart beat. I'd sell all of them, especially the crap Sony amp(don't ever support them).
15" sub is a good start if you want powerful sounds. As for the alternator, it'll depend on your current one in your car. Unless you actually buy an amp that's 500W rms or higher, you can get by without an alternator upgrade.
If you are going with a higher power amps, then invest on a HO alternator (no it's not a female alternator) that's around 150A or more. Don't forget about the Capacitor. You'll need it to get tight smooth bass.

Username: Myster129

Cali

Post Number: 4
hey you guys I need help on decing what size alternator to get. I have a 1984 omega oldsmobile that is carburated and dont run ac on. what size alternator do you guys recomend for running a jbl bp1200.1 amplifier (also looking into 800 watt kicker how big for that setup). i dont know how big the stock alternator for my car is, but the 2.5 fuel injected version has a stock 45 amp alternator. any seggestions are greatly appriciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 28
I'd atleast get a 130 amp alternator.

Anonymous

I just bought a 350z 2003 without the upgrade sound system. I also bought a complete Bose sound system including the head unit, the ampli, the speaker etc and and all the connections. The thing is I don't have the wiring neither the wiring diagram. Few people told me that I'll never be able to do something out of it. Can somebody help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us