Using rca splitters

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 280
if I use rca splitters to split my 1 rca set into 2 to connect to my bp1200.1 and my rca output is 4v does that split it to 2v per input into my amp, or does it give the full 4v into each?

Silver Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 281
basically I'm asking because I got my brahma today and hooked it up running 1 ohm on my amp and have the gain set at 4v, bass boost all the way down to 0 for breaking in the sub. Only thing is that I get hardly any sound from the sub at all. Have to turn the volume up to 25 of 40 to get any sort of decent sound from it. I double checked the wiring to make sure it is wired parallel and that the wires are connected securely.

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 98
Hey Jeremie, the rca splitter doesnot divide the voltage in half. It fact it should be 4V on both connections.
Maybe your HU is not putting out 4V exactly, so adjust your gain and input level accordingly. Sometimes you might have to put it at 3V or slightly less.
Unless you have proper measuring equipment, you'll have to rely on you ears.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5603
yeah just turn the gain up a bit. shouldn't need to be any higher than half way up usually, but those markings on teh gain setting are misleading sometimes.
voltage is still 4v even with the splitters.
the low current may be lowered a bit though which is what might cause the slightly weaker signal at the amp.

Silver Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 282
ok, I turned the gain up a bit, should I use the bass boost on the amp at all or is it a bad idea?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 113
You can use the bass boost if you want to. Unless your speakers are very high end, it won't make much difference breaking them in.
Use common sense, don't go crazy at once.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us