Alpine MRD-M501 vs Boss IQ3KD.1 or Boss RIPD3

Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I am looking for advice on these amps, I have the opportunity to pick up each one at about the same price and I am not sure what to do. I am a long time Alpine fan, but I am not sure that the smaller Alpine would be as good as the larger Boss amps. I want to drive 2 12" Audiopipe subs that are 800 watts RMS a piece. I am aware that the Alpine will probably outlast the others but will it drive the subs better? Any other suggestions will be welcome aswell within that price range.

Cheers Glenn

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5605
the alpine is far better quality than anything boss ever made

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 140
FYI, BOSS does make a model that actually works at a lower price. But I agree with GlassWolf, Alpine is your first choice.

Terminatermule
Unregistered guest
ta fellas, i have settled on less power and better quality but have posted another q asking if that alpine would be enough to push 2 12' subs, your views would be appreciated.

Cheers

Help2
Unregistered guest
iirc it does 450 @ 2 ohms...
That would be ok for 2 12's with low RMS, sure

Terminatermule
Unregistered guest
cool ta - then i will have to look else where as the
subs are 2 by 800 watts RMS, I don't want to drive them flat out but enough to have nice bass with room to spare if i decide i want more

Cheers

Help2
Unregistered guest
Put whatever subs your thinking about up here,
and well get you sorted out :-)

Terminatermule
Unregistered guest
I am looking at a pair of Audiopipe 12" subs, they claim 800 watts RMS each and have dual 2 Ohm voice coils, i checked with their agent and he confirmed that they are dual 2 Ohm so 1 Ohm in parrel operation, I have heard good things about the audio pipe subs and i am on a limited budget so they looked like a good thing, but I am thinking that perhaps I should get a pair of something more respected but lower powered.

Any advice would be great, in case you are wondering what my deal is with the odd brand choice, I have nothing against RF or any of the other brand popular here, but I live in Aus and some of these brands are hard to find and if you do they are very expensive

Cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us