Installing Home Audio system into Car....

Username: Limmin

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am very new in here.I am not sure whether have anyone asked this Question before. I am thinking of installing a Home Audio (PA system) into my car. I have a transformer with me that can conver DC into AC.

This is how I am going to do it....
I will be getting 2 batteries for my car, and upgrade my car Alternator to a bigger one.
I will get a pair of PA speakers and also a powerful PA amplifier.
I will remove the speakers from the PA speaker. I am planning to mount 2x 15" Subwoofer, 6 x midrange and 6 x tweeters into my car booth.
I will be using one battery for my car and one battery solely for the transformer to power up the PA amplifier.

Do you think this will work??
I am not an expert in electronics....please correct me if I am wrong...
Hope someone can help me here,please email me if possible.

Thank you.

Post Number: 2
My email is:

limmin@tm.net.my

Username: Clio14

Post Number: 2
Its a good idea but i dont think you will get the most out of it. If i were you i would buy Car Audio equipment as this is designed to work with your batt and car environment. Im not saying no though but i did try and add a 15" PA speaker (cost me £200) and ran it off a car amp, it sounded ok but nothing like my 10" Boss car sub that cost me (£50).

All you can do is try and if you do please let me know the results, they should be interesting.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for replying. I would be using a PA amplifier to drive all the PA speakers and not using car amplifier. I think the car amplifier is not powerful enough. As I know... car audi is designed for a small space like in a car where else home audio is designed for a big space like in a room.... I was just wondering if i were to implement home audio system in my car.. will the bass be superb?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us