Just starting to look

Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 9
just wondering what is a good brand and how much money a flip down monoter and dvd player wold cost. My truck has a consol in the roof so i think a flip down wold be the easeist and cheepist i don't won't any thing that play's crapy either i am 17 so i don't hav that much money to spind just somthing that is clear and plays good

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 29
Anybody?

taylor17
Unregistered guest
hello!

Bronze Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 42
yeah I have a directed 10.4 drop down DVD and I like it just fine. I got it installed for like $1500 so maybe you can use that as a reference.
James

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 74
taylor,
It looks like you should take the money and invest it in some grammar lessons or maybe you could get a spelling tutor or something.
A good flipdown monitor isin't going to be cheap. Sure you can get a cheap one, but you won't get the quality or long lifespan of a better brand.
Your best bet is to just save up and get a good brand.

Are you bragging James? Mr LONGO!!
HAH! lol, I crack myself up

taylor17
Unregistered guest
1500 is more than I would plan on spinding. I know you get what you pay for, but I figured a flipdown would be cheeper than an indash. What brand's are good and cheep. Like in car audio, mtx is good and cheep. Thank's for the help.

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 97
???

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 193
???

cash deficent
Unregistered guest
Ps1k0 is right. don't waste your money on "good and cheap", look for something with the size and features you want, then save up for it. it will take longer, but you'll be happier getting what you want, then getting something quick.
also. after you find what you want. try checking on ebay, you can get some good deal there.
especially if you are installing it yourself. james maye have paid $1500 for it installed, but probally only paid $1000 for the unit with the rest labor.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 201
I know you git what you pay for, but there are som that are good as the expencive brand's! and I don't really trust ebay, and I will have it professionally dun.

cash deficent
Unregistered guest
well,
if you know that, then why ask the question?
just save up.

have you tried going to some stores and just "looking" at what they offer? try them out,
push the buttons, "kick the tires" so to speak.

with 201 post as of that last message, you've been here long enough to know what brands are thought of as good, and what brands are thought of as bad <as>. obviously you got that from somewhere.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 202
I don't know anything about tv's and dvd player's, I know about amp's, and sub's!
Take mtx for example, they make good amp's, but they are cheep as well! Sure you could spind an extra 3/400 dollars on a better brand, but for the money, the mtx is just as good!
Now do you see what I am asking?
As I said I don't anything about flip down's, or indash dvd players, so I am looking for what is good, and what to stay away from!
I know anything for like 2/300 buck's is crap, but I don't feel like spinding 1500 eather. Remember I am only 17 and don't have a job, so money is a little tight lol
Thank's for the help

cash deficent
Unregistered guest
look for something that is in your price range.
if you can afford good stuff, get good stuff.
if all you can afford is crap, get crap.
but YOU have to find something you like.
you just want someone to tell you what to get.
do some research on flip down monitors and dvd players.
what size screen do you want?
do you want one with a built in dvd player?
do you want a seperate dvd player?
do you want to eventually do multiple screens?
if so, do you want seperate video sources <ps2>?
cordless headphone or 50/50 split sound through car speakers?
black, silver, or white?
these are some of the questions that you have to answer before you can decide what you want and how much you want to spend.
i nor anyone else can tell you what to get. everything is subject to opinion. some people like kenwood, some people think they are the worst product on the planet. some people like pioneer radios for their feature laden controls, some think they are too complicated.

ultimately the choice is yours, but you have to figure out what you like before you ask what you should get.
do some research then ask if a certiain product is good.

here are some web sites that offer some mobile video products. check them out. look at what they offer. see what you like. see what you don't like. see what fits your budget.
you can always buy product and take it somewhere to have it installed. or, you could always try and install something yourself. you can get a higher quality product if you do it yourself as opposed to having a pro do it. it only requires a will and some common sense.

http://www.cardomain.com/shop/video

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZtNVGTH05Us/cgi-bin/prodmenu.asp?c=17&skipvs=T

http://www.etronics.com/mysearchcat.asp?store=&catid=380

i'm sorry if i am coming across as harsh, but i don't like to tell people what they should get. i don't know you or your perticular tastes. and i don't believe i should force them upon you.
BTW, i like kenwood and think they are a great product. even though a considerable number of people believe they have poor quality. are they right and i'm wrong? no. it's all opinion. i looked at all the radios at the time and bought the one that i found visually appealing, was comfortable using, and fit my budget.
<wow>

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 206
Wow man, it sound like you kno what you are talking about!
I would like it to have a dvd player, don't want a separate one, and I think a 10 in or close to it would be fine. Can a flip play the sound threw your system? I really like that!
Thank's for the website's and for the help!

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 222

Anonymous

Back to top?
Wouldn't that creat a never ending cycle of asking and answering the same questions for all eternity?

Anonymous

Back to top?
Wouldn't that creat a never ending cycle of asking and answering the same questions for all eternity?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 351
Um, No!

Anonymous

well then what do you mean, "back to top"

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 363
Basically, my thread git's pushed down farther than most people look, so I just posted something to bring it back to the top so people who haven't commented on it, might.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 460
hey taylor how much were you looking to spend on it?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 368
I don't know if it is possable, but I would like to spind 600 give or take!

not a nice guy
Unregistered guest
Are all texans stupid or just you?
The word is "spend" not "spind"
You obviously know how to read because you understood it when James wrote it in the question right above yours.
If you can't take the time to properly spell the word right, why should we take the time to decypher your "code" and answer the question?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 396
O k wat ever u say:-)
Don't think you could help me if your life depended on it!

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 397
Actually, I can't read print!
I'm blind, even though you probubly are asking your self how I know what is written? Well, it is a computer program called Jaws. It is a screen reader! Sense I'm not looking at how the word's are spelled, I just usually spell them out the way they sound.. I do need to work on my spelling though.

Cash Deficient
Unregistered guest
$600 for the unit or $600 for the unit installed?
because $600 isin't going to get you a 10in monitor and install it.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?
stk_code=claohm102&store=&catid=387

monitor, no dvd

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=nesdvd555r&store=&catid=383

dvd\cd headunit.

$699 monitor
$204 dvd head
$903 total
$??? install labor

Cash Deficient
Unregistered guest
$600 for the unit or $600 for the unit installed?
because $600 isin't going to get you a 10in monitor and install it.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=claohm102&store=&catid=387

monitor, no dvd

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=nesdvd555r&store=&catid=383

dvd\cd headunit.

$699 monitor
$204 dvd head
$903 total
$??? install labor

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 404
I was trying to pay around $600 for the whole thing, not including instal.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 405
I was trying to pay around $600 for the whole thing, not including instal.

Cash Deficient
Unregistered guest
welp, looks like you need to start saving and keep on saving till you have enough to get one.
or get a good one and install it yourself, or get a cheap gaff brand, or give up the idea entirely.

those are the only four legal options i can see.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 415
lol
That is what I think I'm going to do.
I'm going to look for a job in a few day's, then I will just do everything the right way:-)
If I git a job I will just creat a new thread, thank's for the help

constipated warlord
Unregistered guest
just found this and thought it might help with what your looking for. you could always buy it then look for someone to install it after when you have the cash.

http://www.isellsurplus.com/product.asp?ID=7332&C=10&S=-1

i've never heard of the brand, but it's a great deal for the price. and i know, cuz i've been looking for one and this one even comes with the headphones.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 429
That's seem's to good to be true!:-)
If anyone can take a look at it and tell me if it is any good, I would appretiate it!
Also, can it play the dvd through my system? If not, what would I need to make it?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 627
Hey Taylor why dont you just go with this its a killer deal. I have the 10.4 model and I love it. I know its a little bit smaller than what you are looking for but I think I would rather go with the better name and spend a little more then with a no name 10in for the same price and have it fail on me in a week. But hey thats me. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1076628577872&skuId=6355231&productCa tegoryId=cat03096&type=product

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 433
That doesn't seem like a bad deal! Will it play the sound through my system?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 653
yup it comes with a toggle switch that you flip and turn your radio to like 89.1 and it will play through your sustem or play through headphones and you can listen to the radio. If you have a accessory hook up on your deck you can run it directly through like I know my alpine has it.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 452
Sweet! How long have you had your's? Also did you have it put in, or did you do it yourself?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 657
I have had it now for a little over a year. I got it put in where I bought it they gave me a killer deal. I have the 10.4 model but my sister has the 7 and she loves it.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 458
Cool, thank's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us