Amp !!!!!!!!!!!

p/b
Unregistered guest
hi guys,
i have a splx mf 1000w 4 channel amp
running 2x 350w 6x9's
1x sony xplod 12" 1200w sub (bridged)
the thing is this amp used to be great but just recently , every time i put on me stereo i get a click/ pop out of the speakers which inturn triggers the protection circuit on the amp!
the only way to get it back on is dissconnect the power and reset it ! but if i have it on then turn off the stereo then back on it trips the pro circuit again!!!!
any ideas whats going on cos its annoying me !!!!

thanks in advance

p/b
Unregistered guest
also for the above post ive been having trouble with my alternator on the car , reading some other posts u say it may need a cpacitor to sort out the amps running status could i have already damaged my alty as i think its defective??
should i install a capacitor as it will flatten my battery within 2-3 minutes if left on without the engine running?
cheers again

p/b
Unregistered guest
anyone?????

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5539
a capacitor is no substitute for a larger alternator.
what sort of troubles are you having with the alternator and what leads you to believe that's the source of the trouble?

"splx" isn't a great brand of amplifier to be honest, and sony is just as bad.
Now, I'm not busting on you for those choices, but suggesting you have the amplifier, and the sony sub checked out at a local store equipped with testing gear to be sure neither are defective and the source of your problems.
it sounds like either a wiring problem, or the amp is failing, to me.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5540
btw, just to be safe, go over the wiring front to back, thoroughly first.
make sure your ground is solid, to bare metal, etc.. that could be the whole issue too.

Username: Jasy

Dungannon, Tyrone Northern Ire...

Post Number: 1
what size of amp do i need for a alpine 1240 12" 1000w type r Upload

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5604
they 12" type R is 350 watts.
you need an amp that puts out around 300-350wRMS x 1 @ whatever load the sub presents.
2 or 4 ohms based on which model sub you buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us