Got Perfect 6.1 THESE ARE huge dont fit 99 civic lx

Bronze Member
Username: Ids

Post Number: 19
Ok i got a 1999 CIVIC LX before buygin these beasts i checked with crutchfield they said easy fit just cut out back plastic for magnet to fit. I took em to get installed the guy said he wasnts 100 dollars per door to install them. I dont wanan pay that cuz i can install it my self for sure. Does anyoen know how to remove 1999 Honda civic front door panel i will use a hand saw and cut out the holes my self.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5496
I could tell ya for a mere $50 per door!
hehehe

look at a haynes manual and see if there's anything you need to know.
otherwise, just pull out all the screws and screw caps, and use a $5 tool from the local Advance auto-parts they sell called a door panel puller. It's a little metal fork type thing that pops vinyl door cotter pins without destroying them.
yank off the door, disconnect the siring, and have at it.
a dremel with a cutting wheel will do a good job on the ABS you need to trim since I'm doubting you have a pneumatic air-nibbler or cutting wheel handy at home.

Bronze Member
Username: Ids

Post Number: 20
LOL THANKS. ok where do i get a haynes manual ? also how do i unscew the window handle that you turn around for window to go up and down. also im in canada.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5522
any book store or auto parts place.
the same place you get the door removal tool, and a window handle removal tool that looks similar to the door puller, but it's got concentrically smaller ridges on the inside to pop the window handle cotter pins.
handy tools, both about $5
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us