How do i hook up a remote wire to a stock deck

Username: Bleedforyou

Sayville , Ny Us

Post Number: 1
i have the alpine mrd-m501 amp and due to not having money, a stock HU. how do i hook up the remote wire?

thanks for any help you have for me!

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 66
Hey Tom, I know what you mean, I've been there too. Had to save and save for mine.
Anyways the remote wire is located at the back of your stock HU. If you have the manual that came with it, it should show you the location. If not, pull out the HU and look at the wires. It should be labeled. Usually it's a blue wire and it might say Ant pwr. Since it's a stock unit with no optional accessories attached, the wire might be dangling at the back with a tape over it.
Hope that helps.

Sayville , Ny Us

Post Number: 2
hey man thanks so much ill try it out tomorrow and let you know how it turned out

thanks again!

Sayville , Ny Us

Post Number: 3
hey actually do you have any suggestions on how to remove the stock HU because ive never done this before and im not really sure what to do

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 73
Ok that'll be tough if you haven't taken anything appart. First of all you have to find how your panel is made. Some have small screws under or beside the trimmings. Others have them hidden under a leather covering. And then some are just snap on. The trick is to find out which yours is. Once you get past that, the unit might require 2 thin, almost long "L" shaped rods to disengage the radio. My car needed it, but then my bro's didn't. Just depends on the car. If that sounds like a tough job, find a good car stereo store and maybe they might do it for $45 or less. It's not really a hard job so they shouldn't charge you that much to find you a remote wire.

Sayville , Ny Us

Post Number: 4
alright thanks alot man!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us