Good clear sound

Unregistered guest
Help
I just wanted to know a couple of things. Do you have to have a amp and a subwoofer in your car to get a good clear sound with a lot of bass
thanks for your time

James Hailey

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 218
no u do not have to. I have 4 6x9 in my car. The are powered 50w by my head-unit, and the bass comming out of them is crystal clear and amazing. U don't HAVE TO have a sub.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5588
it sure as hell helps though

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
50 W in you head unit equals 12 RMS. That is weak. I had the same set-up in my Probe and it sucked eggs when I turned it up. Invest in a $129.00 simple base Alpine 50(for real) X4 amp. You'll notice a huge difference. If you still need bass, put another post up here. Infinity BassLink (self powered) for $249 most places will definately turn the mother out. AMP=MUST, dude!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5727
yeah alpine's Vdrive head units are 27 watts x 4 RMS, and those are the most powerful head units I know for internal power, using a 10awg line from the battery for juice.
Heck I'm looking at a 2001 jeep grand cherokee Ltd. this coming week, and it's fully loaded.. but with the premium system in it already with AM/FM/tape/10 disc changer, I'm giving serious thought to leaving that system in, using a Metra line out adapter, and running an infinity basslink sub in the back to round it all out.
that'd be fine for me as a winter driver.. and it won't eat up all of my cargo space with a big box and amps.
then all I need to do is toss in the compustar alarm and it'll be set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us