Recommended speakers that won't fit

Anonymous

I went around trying to find rear speakers for my car. everywhere i checked around town and some places on the internet say that i should but 6x9s in the rear. so i go and buy 6x9s. After about an hour and a half of taking out my rear liner I find that my rear speakers are only five and a halfs. The thing is that i would have to cut my car up to make them fit or buy a conversion piece. I don't know where to get this coversion kit. Why do company's like bestbuy recommend a certain size that won't fit but not carry fital pieces like a conversion piece. do they think it is funny to leave a low budget do-it-ourselves type of person high and dry? could someone please refer me to somewhere that i can get these conversion pieces

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2577
"Why do company's like bestbuy recommend a certain size that won't fit but not carry fital pieces like a conversion piece. do they think it is funny to leave a low budget do-it-ourselves type of person high and dry?"
No, they're just stupid :-). Only conversion piece you'll get to convert a 5.25" hole for a 6x9 is a jigsaw, sorry. If you want more midbass, you'd preferably put a midbass driver in the front, not 6x9s in the rear. 6x9s suffer from the same problems that square subs do, uneven stress points, cone flex, resonance issues, etc. Degraded SQ and added distortion is what you'll get from a 6x9. You also don't want to simulate bass guitars, etc coming from the back seat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us