5 1/4" MB Quart VS Infinity

Pikul
Unregistered guest
I know that it is ideal if i can use 6.5", but its looking like it would be very difficult. I own a 2001 Ford Escape and there just doesn't look like there is enough room for kickpanels. So I have 5 1/4" to work with, should I even bother with going MB Quart Premium or Infinity Perfect, or is the loss in size going to make that a mute point? How much quality am i losing? Is it worth the extra money from say the infinity reference components? Any help would be great.

Pikul
Unregistered guest
another thing, one of my friends recommended focal for the speakers, how do they measure up to infinity/mb quart.

Brian Chicago
Unregistered guest
1. MB Quart all the way if you have a solid amp with at least 50RMS max. I just put premiums 6.5s in my Tundra and they are off the chain. I'm powering them with a JLAudio 300-2 Stealth amp, accompanied by a Nak 400 CD player. Tight sound all around.

2. Infinity if you have just a head unit. The MB Quart premium are meant for amps. The Infinitis are more sensitive, have silk tweeters and are meant to roll with head units. Don't get me wrong, they'll sound better with an amp, but Inf ALL THE WAY with no amp.

Brian Chicago
Unregistered guest
focals have fuge huckin magnets. if you order them, make sure the depth is right. I hear focal is awesome, but you need amp power. And Price, well, $300 minimum for the pair. Kevlar drivers for about $600.

Oh, the diff between 5.25 and 6.5 is pretty minimal. the latter push more air and with a solid amp, you can get a thud (not thump) from the midbass. Dude, not a big difference
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us