Rear speakers??

Bronze Member
Username: Mjv817

Post Number: 20
ive been reading some recent/past post about having rear speakers is a waste so should i leave my rear (currently) stock speackers in or take them out and just buy good componants for the front? and i was gonna go with infinity but any other suggestions i prlly dont wanna spend more then 600 for the comp. and amp(i drive a 97 jimmy if that helps out at all lol)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5364
well, if ya put folks in the back of the SUV much you'll want rear speakers for those folks, but from a purely SQ standpoint, you can drop rear fill and stick to just the fronts if its just for you.
Another suggestion would be CDT Classic 6.5" separates. CL-61 (thezeb.com) for around 250/pr, and use a two-channel amp or a bridged 4 channel amp to drive them. Kicker and MTX both make pretty good, reasonably priced 4 channel amps.
That's the route I'd go.. particularly if you're using subs to cover below the range of the components.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i think thats what ill do there, im gonna be going over 600 bucks so i hope they sound good but im having trouble finding the right amp for them?? would something like MTX Thunder342 work for them??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
nvm about the going over 600 bucks its gonna be 260$ plus the amp right?? and would the mtxthunder342 work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us