Need replacement tweets

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 243
so I got me some alpine type r 5 1/4" mids for my front components and now I need to replace my stock tweeters. They are 1" and the mount for them has screws 3 1/2" apart corner to corner. Anyone know of a good replacement for these?

Silver Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 244
guess I could give a bit more info. the factory tweeter seems to be square, or actually it's a round tweeter in a square plastic holder. don't know much about this sort of thing but I'd like to put the replacement tweeter in the same spot if I can.

Silver Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 245
bump

Silver Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 247
nobody knows of a good replacement that will go in my stock tweeter spot?

Bronze Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

Post Number: 30
Well, I like useing the Cuspid TW-0160 tweeters, You can get them on ebay cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14943%26item%3D5728163743 &tc=photo

Check 'em out, Don't know if this is exactly what you looking for but, Just refering a good pair of tweets

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2531
How much do you have to spend on the tweeters, where are they located? Also, what are you powering them with, what kind of crossover (if any) do you plan to use? Last, what do you like more, metal tweets (crisper, brighter sound) or soft domes (smoother, warmer sounding, a bit more natural)?

Silver Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 249
stock components are in the door in the lower front corner, woofer towards the front of the car and tweeter behind it. price isn't really an issue I mean I don't want to pay 100 for a set of tweeters but I'd like a decent set. I will be using an amp for the components eventually but right now I'll just be running off my HU. I have crossovers already that come with the woofer part. either silk or metal would be ok, the ones that are in now are metal so I have no real preference there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us