JL 12w3v2

Username: Jond

Post Number: 2
I just bought a 12w3v2. It's in a box about 1.1 cuft. I have a kicker zr360 running it at 2ohms. It's bridged to mono. It sounds great.

Forgive me if this is stupid but I'm a little confused as to how much power is actually being delivered to the sub. The "birth certificate" for the amp says 522 watts peak at 4ohm at 14.4. The manual claims 400watts at 2ohm in mono (i'm assuming this is rms). I'm assuming peak in 2ohm is probably around 600. Basically what i'm asking is, how much power is getting to the sub and is this a good combo. I just want to make sure that i prolong the subs life as long as possible and get the best performance. Thanks.

Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 51
well your car is probably 12.6v. i hate it how they rate amps at 14.4 or 13.8 volts cuz nobody has that in their car unless they buy a different regulator

ok i would say the power output is cut by abour 30% when you go from 14.4 to 12.6, and this is why alot of companies rate their amps on 14.4. it makes the amp seem more powerful. anyways, probly around 375w rms at 12.6 at 4 ohms, im not quite sure how much the 12w3v2 handles, but the amp should not overpower it. ill check that amp out and get back to you later.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 837
you're getting about 400 watts to the sub, continuous.
maybe up to 450w RMS.

13.8 to 14.4V is what all cars produce when they are above idle and the motor is running.
that's the alternator's charging voltage.

good sub/amp combo there.

Username: Jond

Post Number: 3
I was considering (for space reasons) selling the kicker amp and buying an Alpine mono amp. MRD-M300 or MRP-M350. Good amps? It's just an idea for now. Tell me what you think.

Post Number: 845
don't even.
keep the amp you have. find a place for it.
the alpine amps aren't that great, and you'd be reducing power with that move as well.

The amp you have is very well made, and a very good match to that sub.

Unregistered guest
I am getting my first system with 2 12w3v2's and am wondering what the best jl amp would be for them, and the best enclosure.

Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions.

jordantusi@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I am getting my first system with 2 12w3v2's and am wondering what the best jl amp would be for them, and the best enclosure.

Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions.

jordantusi@yahoo.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1158
the 500/1 would be a good match to a pair of 12W3v2s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us