JL prowedge box

Username: Bananakrill

Post Number: 5
I have 2 10w3v2 in a prowedge box at 4 ohms and would like advice on the best amp to choose between these three:
jl 500/1
jbl 600.1
kicker 600.1

And would it be better to use like a 1000/1 since the speakers are 600 watts and the 500/1 is only 500 watts?

Or maybe the new jbl BPX500.1 ?

Also, could a 500/1 handle a 6 ohm load from 2 10w3v1s? Will that mess up the amp?

Thanks in advance!

Username: Bumpingloud

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1
Personally I will go for the Jbl. Any of those amps are good. I guess it all depends on what brand you like.

Post Number: 6
Thanks. Are you talking about the BPX500.1 or the 600.1? I found out about the 6ohm load. The power just drops but the amp won't get messed up.

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 6
I was talking about the 600.1 if those 10w3v2 are around 500 to 600 rms why dont you get the jbl 1200.1 for both of them. It will make them sound way louder. Its on sale at cardomain.com

Post Number: 7
The speakers are wired 4ohm so I guess I would have to get the 1200.1 to get 600 watts. Hey, is factory refurbished okay? I mean $200 is a great price. Thanks for all your advice.

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 10
Yeah refurbished is okay. Most companies put a different board in. And sell it as refurbished. I have bought refurbished amps before and never had a problem, But the only down side is be prepared to have scratches on the jbl amp at car domain, i've had friends buy 2 amps since they were on sale and both of them had scratches on them nothing too bad. I't's worth the price, go for it.

Post Number: 8
I don't care what it looks like. It can look like a rusty frying pan. As long as it pounds my delicious prowedge box. I hooked my speakers up in my boy's car with a JL 500/1 and they sounded like magic. A little different than his W3-V1s; mine sounded a little more deep. Maybe it was the box. I have a Sonoma so with the small cab I'm expecting it to sound real nice when eveything is hooked up. Can't wait to get the JBL amp and see how it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us