Need some help

Username: Skillz

Post Number: 1
Ok, I was installing my old system in my ride and i think i shortage something out. This is what happened:
I hooked up a kenwood deck onto my dodge neon harness and the ground wire was not connected through the deck...it was connected through my car wiring and onto my old deck (bolted on). Anyways, i was testing it out and the whole thing just powered off..the deck powered off, my light in the car turned off and my amp and subs jus stopped. So to figure out the problem, i thought maybe the FUSE was gone for the radio, but i changed it and it still didnt power up...next approach was the deck..i changed the deck and put in a new one and still doesnt power up..so maybe i thought it might be the harness that got fried...i took the harness out, put my old deck in...nope nothing....no power what so ever. So now im just confused on what happened and how to fix this problem.

If you can help me, please let me know.
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5094
check the fuse in your fusebox for the car..
that'd be the one that blew if the whole dash lost power.

Post Number: 2
which fuse?
i bought a new fuse for the radio (10A) and it still didnt work. Which fuse are you talking bout?

Post Number: 3
also, the signal fuse and light fuses still work but its just the radio that doesnt work. the dash doesnt get any power at all...one time when i hooked up my old stock deck to it, it made a pitchy sound but didnt power up. In my neon there are two fuse boxes, one is inside the car by the steering wheel and the other one is under the hood near the battery..the radio fuse itself is inside by my seat...along with smaller 10A or 20A fuses...the main fuses are under the hood...

Post Number: 4
ne ideas guys?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5242
like I said the first time.
check the fusebox, not the fuse behind the radio.

if you don't know where your fusebox is, just take the car to a shop and let a pro handle it.

Username: Sirk_excelon

Post Number: 8
Go through this process. Get a 12V tester, and test your power, you memory wire, ground from the stock harness, then from the fuse box. If they are dead from the fuse box, then put the wire in a different fuse location and see if that helps. Always start with the easiest parts, then get harder. Cause 9 times outs 10, you start with the hard, and then it ends up being something really easy. Then if all else fails, do what I had to do in my fiances elcipse and just run all new wiring. (I got really angry and desperate)

Post Number: 5
okay cool...thanks alot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us