Clifford VS viper??

Username: Eric4567

Post Number: 3
I've been reading a lot of posts and everyone seems to have clifford alarms but the closest alarm dealer to me sells vipers, so I just wanted to know if its wort seeking a clifford dealer or are vipers pretty much the same quality?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 144
The higher end vipers are good alarms, how ever I am hooked on cliffords. I have had many and never had a problem. Other than the normal wear and tear. It really depends on the options you want, and what type of warranty. Clifford comes with a life time warranty that covers everything. Heck I don't even pay for the batteries for my remotes. As for vipers warranty, I am not sure. That is something you will need to check into yourself.

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 91
Unless I am mistaken, Clifford and Viper are made by the same company, DEI (www.directed.com) so they are pretty much the same. I have a Viper 790 remote start/alarm that is the same as the Clifford series look at "responder" and they are exactly the same except the remotes look a little different. I think they are the exact same thing though, so I would think the rest of their line is the same too, maybe Clifford is marked up as being better but since they are the same company, I guess it would be the same thing. Mine has a lifetime warranty in the vehicle in which it was originally installed. Got it at Circuit City which is normally NOT recommended to do this type of install but I happened to know the installers in my area and knew they were good and experienced.

Oh, by the way, I don't mean to insult any Circuit City installers out there with my comment but I have heard and experienced first hand, some of their installers are great (like mine) and some of them are not, just like anywhere I guess) In my case I have seen and heard of their installs from my local shop and was impressed, but a friend of mine in another state went there and was totally disappointed, total lack of tech knowledge in the install on his stereo, so that is why I point this out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us