Please help with car audio powering

Username: Chodecz

Post Number: 4
Hi,

I am looking to put 1 JL Audio 300/2 and 1 JL Audio 1000/1 in either a Renault Clio or Honda Civic. These are small cars and the standard alternator and battery(??) are not up to the job.

Can someone (hopefully Glasswolf) please advise me as to whether or not i could keep the existing battery and just upgrade the alternator, or would i need to do both. I dont know the output figures for the battery. I presume the standard alternator is roughly 60A-70A as small cars dont seem to have much over this. I worked out i need about en extra 150A for this system, so a 210A alternator? I dont really know too much about alternators and the various capacities they come in (i am still a student) :-).

Also advice on which batteries and alternator work best and what procedures would i have to take to upgrade either only one, or both of these parts (in terms of physical space, work carried out, pricing?).

Any help will be very very much appreciated!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5044
for honda, ebay always has 200A alternators listed there for under $300. that's your best bet for that.
battery, I'd go with an optima redtop as a starter battery.
you'll want to run 1/0ga cable for the alt, battery, and amps.
run to the amp location then use a distro block (fused) to split to smaller cable for each amp.. say, 4ga.
www.knukonceptz.com has all that stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us