Blown fuse

Username: Dustin_9

Greenbrier, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 3
My amp is hooked up right and everything i know that because it was working for like two months, but I put new speakers in it that have 1200 peak power and my amp is a RF p2002 which is only 800 w max power. So everyone has told me i have blown a fuse. I have the metal skirts up off my amp and i see the fuse but how do i tell if it is blown, and where can i get a new fuse? If it is not my fuse then how do you tell if the amp is blown?

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 168
first you have to pull the fuse out, thers a line in the middle of it. If there is a break in it you need to replace it. You can get one at any hardware store, auto shop like auto zone, strauss etc. You need to find out why you blew the fuse check the impedance of your new speakers if they are lower than your previous ones that why you blew the fuse.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2459
If the amp is blown, you'd likely smell fried electronics (you'll smell it if it has, especially pulling the cover off the amplifier). It's likely the fuse, you need to check the impedance of the speakers and also the voice coils and make sure they're within specifications. Check power wires and ground, make sure they're not frayed and making contact with anything. Check speaker wires as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us