Glasswolf? Jonathan?Help

Steven Grader
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to connect 1 SVC sub and 1 DVC sub to a Mono Amp with one input? Also I have a panasonic head unit i think somethings wrong with it, When i connect the av jacks to the back of it and play it it seems like the power is only going to the right channel of the amp cause when i unhook the right rca(red one) theres no sound going to the subwoofer from the left and as soon as i hook the right rca theres sound. but it dosent hit like it used to when it had the power to both rca inputs. Could i damage my subwoofer like that? It's not the amp cause i switched them and put another one and it was the same thing i also changed the Av Jacks and still the same. Can you help me please.

Steven Grader
Unregistered guest
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2476
It's possible as long as you don't exceed the amp's capabilities. It sounds like a head unit problem, no you won't damage the sub running it off of just one RCA, you'll just lose information from the left channel.

Steven Grader
Unregistered guest
That's what i thought it was because the side of the unit gets really hot like after 45 minutes of playing. and about the subs how would i wire them?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2485
What is the impedance of both subs, the SVC and the DVC? That'll determine how they need to be wired.

Steven Grader
Unregistered guest
The SVC 400rms and the dvc is 350rms

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2489
I need to know the impedance (how many ohms). Also, what kind of amp is it?

Steven Grader
Unregistered guest
Dual 4 ohms and Svc 4 0hms I'ts an old school kenwood that i've had for over 4 years I think It's A 1993 amp.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2492
It's probably 2 ohm stable if it's a mono amp. Only safe way to wire would be to wire the DVC sub in series, and both subs parallel to the amp. If you want the most power, I'd recommend using just the DVC sub and consider porting it for most output, you're straining that amp by running it above it's capabilities.

Steven Grader
Unregistered guest
Are Ported Boxes better for deep low bass? I mostly listen to rap music with alot of bass. The kenwood amp is 2ohms stable. I know many people say kenwood sucks but do the old school stuff suck too. My amp has lasted a pretty long time. Thanks for your help

Steven Grader
Unregistered guest
Can you recommend a store online with ported boxes. Sorry For double posting

Steven Grader
Unregistered guest
Where's everyone at?

Username: Mali

Gebze, Kocaeli Turkey

Post Number: 1
y wanna make a system up to 1500$... which brand is better for hittin' hard?

Username: Mali

Gebze, Kocaeli Turkey

Post Number: 2
is there anyone here?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5117
Mehmet, you'll probably get more help by starting a new thread to ask for help instead of posting in a thread someone else started to get help.
at the bottom of the thread list page you'll see a "new thread" button.
use that to post a new message.
thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us