Pioneer vs. Sony (Who's better)?

Anonymous

I need to get a replacement after market in-dash player for my 1984 BMW 528e 4DR sedan. I've narrowed it down to two brands...Sony and Pioneer, others have also recommended Clarion. All the systems I've checked into are XM(tm) equipped. Out of the Pioneers the DEH-P3600, DEH-P4600MP, and the DEH-P2600 are the only ones that are in my price range $180 or below. Sony has the CDX-F5000, CDX-F5700, and the CDX-F7700. I know Sony's have a higher dB and power rate...but Pioneer established their reputation first, though both are very reputable. Does anyone know which is better, or whehter I should look into a Clarion?

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 135
IMO the pioneer is the better of the two. I have not been very impressed with sony since the went to the explode line. I have also heard alot of negative things about sony since I started posting on here.

Bronze Member
Username: Atreyurock

Post Number: 21
yea most people on this forum will tell you sony sucks. pioneer has some good features on there HUs anyways

Damien R
Unregistered guest
ROFL hands down Pioneer.

Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 3
I would go with the clarion. Pio is sweet but My buddy's got a clarion deck and if i had to choose for SQ and features i would go with a lower end clarion deck, but not sony. My sony deck is all right but its stuggling compared to the rest of my system.

Username: Swishblank88

Vashon Island, WA USA

Post Number: 4
Clarion DXZ545MP CD/MP3 Player $ 169.00

4 x 52 Watts per channel (208 Watt)
Radio Tuner With 18FM/6AM Presets
Blue Negative LCD With White/Blue Control Buttons
Screen Saver With User-Programmable Message Information
5 x 7 Dot Matrix by 10 Digit LCD Display
Rotary Volume Control
IR Remote Control
2-Band Parametric EQ (Z-Enhancer Plus)
Sirius Satellite Radio Ready
CD Text, CD Titling, Station Titling
CeNET Control of Optional TV Tuner, Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver, DVD Changer and 6-Disc CD Changer
Subwoofer Volume Control
Built-In Low-Pass Crossovers (off/50Hz/80Hz/120Hz)
2 Ch. Front + 2 Ch. Rear/Sub RCA Line Level Output
2 Zone Control With Dedicated RCA Line Level Outputs
Magna Bass EX
2-Channel Aux. Input
plays cdr and rw and stuff. http://www.carmedia1.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 90
I am leaning towards the Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP

Any comments anyone who has one? I have done a lot of research and I think this fits my bill (want the XM radio compatibility and mp3/wma playback) and the darker color matches my interior better than the silver 960 and they are about the same except the 960 has more "motorized" stuff on the faceplate which I figure is just one more thing to break. ANY ADICE would be appreciated but I think I am set on this one, $307 on eBay plus 25 ship no tax: I think this is a great deal but once again, if someone has another opinion let me know that is why I am on here asking!!!!

Premier CD Receiver with Customizable Multicolor Organic EL Display, Auto Slide Flap Face, MP3/WMA/WAV Playback, Built-in DSP with 13-Band Graphic EQ, Auto-EQ and Auto Time Alignment, Burr-Brown DAC's, BMX Digital Compression, MOSFET50, XM-Ready, Supertuner IIID, IP-Bus System Control, 10-Key Remote, Rotary Volume Control, Detachable Face Security, and Hi-Volt Preouts 6.5 volt

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us