HU for my Dad ?

Bronze Member
Username: Beligerant1

NC USA

Post Number: 18
Hey guys, my dad's 60th birthday is coming up and we are thinking that a good present would be a HU for his car. He's not into having a killer sound system, but i wouldnt be comfortable giving him something i wouldnt be happy with myself. I have a cda-9815 in my car and love it, but i am not against giving him something other than alpine if it is good.

He probably will not be upgrading speakers or adding a sub or anything like that, but satellite radio may not be out of the question. It needs to have mp3 playback capability, removable face for security, and easy interface.

I would say price max would be around $300, potentially two or three people may be splitting the cost. I will be doing research of my own, but i would love to have some opinions from you guys as to what i should check out.

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 79
Pioneer DEH-P6600 and up. They have dot matrix color
3D graphic display, Great EQ otions, remote control, MP3 capable, and is XM Radio ready. All this for 250ish, plus if you are ever board bring the remote to best buy and play with it. The remotes are universal and you can turn up & play with EVERY Pio HU on the wall at the same time lol. Pioneer and Alpine are some of the only HUs id ever buy.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4981
go with something that has simple,easy to understand controls.

I got my mom a CDA-9813 actually, and while she really enjoys it, she does occasionally forget how to change sources and such.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us