Number of amps

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremy_c

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 11
I have 3 500 watt sony x plods and i need to know if i should get one big amp or one for each. i was told that if i get one amp for each sub that the subs would hit harder

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4919
one amp or three is up to you.
one amp won't make them hit harder, unless it offers more power.
the hardest part of using one amp for three subs is matching proper load and figuring out the power you'll get from the amp.
one amp is easier to wire for sure but whomever told you that using one amp will make the subs hit harder without any other qualifiers is a moron.
I use one amp her sub in my car for two subs.
mainly because it was hard enough to find two class AB amplifiers that put out 1,000 watts each.
Finding one that offered 2Kw at the same quality would be nearly impossible, and considerably more expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 138
let me also add to all this that SONY sucks..if they say 500 and u try and put 500 on it.. expect something to go wrong..

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4939
are these the P5 pentagon shaped subs?
what is the coil configuration for the three subs?

bigyellowtaxi
Unregistered guest
Is there anobody else tired of BadazzBowtie saying sony sucks who gives a f*uck is their sh*t for some people that's all they can afford, so shut the F*ck This is a place where you help people not were you talk sh*t about peoples stuff. I think glasswolf was right on another tread were he said bowtie didnt have a life everybody just ignore that idiot.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4987
I have to admit, I really can't stand Sony either, but that's my view and I try to reserve it for threads that actually ask for my opinions.. *laugh*
anyway, no need for hostility.. from anyone. All it does is beget more bad feelings and aggressiveness.

so shut up before I come over and break your windows!
er, no wait..

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2448
lol a Sony demo car drove through my town the other day, it was a green Focus with a huge Xplod decal consuming the sides of the vehicle. I was tempted to walk up to the car and give some fake oohs and aahs and then let him listen to my system :-)

Username: Gunit777

Post Number: 3
I think you should put three becuz in the event that one amp blows u still got ur 2 other subs hitting, but other than that there really isnt much of a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us