Installing cd player

Username: Randyvroberts

Post Number: 1
I am installing a pioneer cd player into my truck and I don't know what an acc wire is and where it goes. power antenna, illumination dash light, or 12 volt ignition switch are my choices. Does anyone know where it goes?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 200
"12 volt ign" is the same as "acc"
this means positive 12volt current is present when thee ingnition is in the "on" or "accessory" position

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 34
why are people so insistant on NOT buying the wiring harness when they get a new radio?
sure they can get an answer online on a forum like this usually within a week. but when i buy something, i don't want to have to wait longer then i have to before i can use it.
is saving $10 - $15 worth going through the ask and wait game?
someone PLEAE answer this for me i need to know a logical reason.

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 45
Hey maybe they don't know where to buy the wiring harness or is out of stock. Most stores would rather have them install the unit and charge you than sell you the harness alone. That's from my experience.
I would agree with you though, buying the harness will make life much simplier.

Unregistered guest
I have a 2004 toyota tacoma. I want to replace the original stereo with a new alpine cd player, but I cannot figure out how to remove the old one. How do I dismantle the dash. Where are the screws etc.? Any answer would be greatly appreciated! PLEASE EMAIL AN ANSWER:
Chris_a_boyd@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
how do i insatll a cd player in a 1997 ford truck

Samps
Unregistered guest
i am installing a cd player in a 96 explorer and my cd player wont keep memory to it even though i have the memory wire hooked up. Why is that?

Unregistered guest
i am trying to install a db1200 cd player into a 1994 ford tempo and i have the connector i needed but i have extra wires can someone help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us