clairon head unit question

Username: Beholdenbuck

Post Number: 1
can you still play dvds or playstation 2 while driveing....cuz i have heard that you cant while you car is in motion

jimmer
Unregistered guest
You can if you bypass the handbrake switch

Username: Ddt4u

Post Number: 3
how woul you do that ?????? i Have a brand new alpine iva-d300 and i hate the facte it wont play while in motion, i'VE HEARD OFF PUTTING A TOGGLE IN BUT ,, HOW AND WEAR?

Jimmer
Unregistered guest
there is a wire which goes to the handbrake, i dont know the colour codes for the alpine or clarion but you should just need to put it to ground

Username: Mr1159

IL Usa

Post Number: 2
i have a similar question,my clarion vrx935vd was just installed but when ipush the open button for the monitor(while in park)it doesn't come out,but the face is lit and the buttons all work.does anyone know if this is because idon't have the parking brake wire connected to ANYTHING,or should it still come out no matter what???PLEASE HELP!!

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 168
The alpine is not a "ground the wire to work unit" it uses a two trigger system and needs a pac box or toggles to work.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 499
get a switch, i think a SPDT is the type you need. attach the lead comming from the HU to the center connector, attach a wire directly to ground and attach it to either of the two end connectors. then run another from the thrid connector on the switch and splice it into your parking break wire.

Harvey - the motors on these units can burn up easliy if the screen ever hits anything. it should open regardless of break wire, just say "enjoy the music" or something if the wire isn't grounded. i'd take it back to be looked at.

Jimmer - as TY said, you have to buy one of them PAC boxes. i have heard of people hooking them to a switch and turning the switch on and off like 3 times and it working, but cannot verify if this will really work or not.

Username: Mr1159

IL Usa

Post Number: 3
thanks brandon,i think i'm just going to get my full refund,because this was the 2nd clarion vrx935vd dash unit that had the monitor not work at all,>>and as for clarions customer service>>IT 100% SUCKS.THEY CARE less about you after they get you to buy.do you have any suggestions for a mp3/dvd unit that you can tell me about????if i don't find another good one,then i'm thinking(i said thinking,lol)of just buying the clarion vrx755vd because i think it's a single din unit with no hideaway brain>.so that would already be less hassle for me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us