Drop in replacement speakers

Username: Mark788

Post Number: 1
I was looking for drop in replacement speakers for my older Mercedes (w124) and came across Rac German audio components (www.rac-usa.com)... Does anyone know the quality of the IQ Line or Sound Line? I heard they are comparable to MB Quart and Focal...

I'm looking to upgrade my factory speakers and heard from several dealers that Rac has drop in replacements for all german cars...

Any input would be helpful.

Username: 95benz

Mark,
I heard of RAC (aka. Rainbow Audio Components) and have used the IQ Line in my MB 300E W124 and loved them so much I upgraded my new GMC with the Profi Line. The IQ Line was great because I wanted to upgrade but wanted to keep everything looking factory perfect. I was able to plug them in and didn't have to cut holes ,etc. OK they are easy to install but most importantly they sounded great. Mids and Highs were very perfect. A huge improvement to the factory speakers.

This past year I wanted to outfit my 04 GMC so I considered MB Quart, Diamond, Focal and Rainbow but after doing all research and listening to all I found the Profi's from Rac to be the best musical speaker. I've had them now for three months and love them. I have had several Audiophile type friends tell me that this is one of the best sounding components sets they have heard and was impressed with the quality, etc. If you have a chance seek out one of their dealers and listen, you will not be disappointed.

Good Luck!
MattUpload

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2295
Yes, they are easily comparable to MB Quart and Focal (better IMO, just depends on which ones you're talking about). People have won IASCA comps with the Sound line, and it's one of the cheaper sets. Rainbow components are fantastic.

Username: Jbrown

I put the Rainbow's in my W124. I got them online at www.iqcaraudio.com.
They sound great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us