Home stereo in my car

Anonymous

I don't know if this will work, but I was wondering if I could put my JVC stereo in the trunk of my car and play it through my ac/dc converter? Can I use the amp-preouts on my headunit into the auxilary ins on my stereo? This is a mini-shelf system from my room. Please help.

Username: Donp

Detroit, MI USA

Post Number: 7
Yes. I use a JVC boombox as a sub woofer. It works. Be sure to get an inverter with enough watts to power your system. Look at the back of the unit to get the total amp draw. Each amp is about 115 watts. A 400 watt inverter may be the ticket.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4481
why bother?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 473
Back in days before "quality" car audio I remember hearing about a guy that installed an AC generator in his car and used high-end home amps. Of course he could only listen to tunes while the car was running.

-Fishy :P

ross
Unregistered guest
okay.. i have a SHARP CD-E600, 170watts... my car stereo is a piece and i wanna be able to use this system in my car.. how would i go about this?

ross
Unregistered guest
...also, i wanna be able to use the speakers that work with the cd player.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 199
Why even go through all the headache. you would be better off just putting real car audio gear in your car.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5517
ghetto

ross
Unregistered guest
the factor of money, duh.

car + $$ = what i would get..

car - $$ = what i have.

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 39
sounds dumb if you ask me. but hey whatever.

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 40
why don't you see if you can trade the radio and get some real car audio equip?
or sell it.

cj2114
Unregistered guest
the speakers in my car absolutely SUCK BALLS... i wanna put the speakers that i have on my home system in my car cuz they're sick. how do i go about it?

cj2114
Unregistered guest
the speakers in my car suck... i wanna put the speakers from my home system in my car cuz they're sick and are much better. how would i go about it?

and also... the maximum wattage that is used is determined by the head unit in the car, right? or the speakers...

Help2
Unregistered guest
Dont do that.
Save up your money and buy some car audio
speakers.

cj2114
Unregistered guest
i have no use for the speakers from my home system cuz the head unit only plays the radio, and the radio sucks. so i gotta put 'em to use.

Help2
Unregistered guest
sell em

peglegpegleg
Unregistered guest
if i put better speakers into my car would the system be louder?

fadfadfa
Unregistered guest
if i put in better speakers in my car, would that make the music louder? if the speakers can handle more watts?

ShagginWagon
Unregistered guest
All you who knock this are probably daddy's boys who think money grows on trees. I have 2 1975 Sansui 15'' 5 way home speakers in my back seat of my 86 Caprice Wagon. I paid $225 bucks for the car, I was given the radio (a jvc cd player that has a blown internal amp and the cd player doesnt work) and a Blaupunkt 200 watt amp I bought at the flea market for $15 bucks. I found the speakers in someones trash. This setup shakes pictures in the house with me playing it in the yard.

nonothing
Unregistered guest
Alright here we go, I wanna put a nice little system in my car... now I know i need new speakers, gonna need an amp, and subs... is there anything else I'll need?

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 336
Hey Shaggin, if you can produce great sounds with parts then more power to you. That's what hobby is all about. Making things work without paying a fortune. People can't believe that I can produce great sounds with my Audiobahn and Jensen amps. I'm enjoying mine every single day.
This is for all those that want to use home stereo in their cars. You'll need a power inverter for your stereo. If you don't already have 4 gauge power wires hooked up, you'll need that. Now instead of feeding it to your car amp, you feed it to the car inverter. Then plug your home stereo into it. Now connect your speakers, subs, etc to it.
If you can manage to hide it from thieves's view then it'll be alright.
If you already have good speakers in your car, you can still use it depending on your home stereo. Some of them will support 4 - 8 ohms. If not, you can always double up on the 4 ohms and turn it into 8ohms by connecting it in series.
Hope that helps.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us