Help wiring 2 subs to a mono amp????

Username: Bfedro427

Post Number: 8
Is there any way i can wire 2 Kicker CVR12's to a mono amp. Im looking into buying a JL Audio 1000w mono amp but do not know how to wire them to get a 2 ohm load. They subs are 4 Ohm DVC, and i dont think the amp will put out enough RMS power to make them work to thier full ability. Please let me know if you can wire 2 subs to a mono amp though. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 113
I don't believe you can reach 2 ohms with 2 4ohm dvc subs.

Username: Bfedro427

Post Number: 10
would this give me 400W x 1 RMS @ 4 Ohms mono to each sub or 200w x 2 RMS @ 4 ohms to both of the subs. THis is a RF mono amp and i was wondering if you can hoook 2 subs up to it and how much RMS it would put out?

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 120
if the amp puts out 400wrms at 4ohms then you'd split it in half for each speaker when connecting 2 speakers

Anonymous

If you are looking at getting the JL Audio 1000/1 then you havn't done your homework on this AMP. I was at a local Car audio place and a JL rep was there showing off there amps. He had 6 12W6D4 running off of the 1000/1. He was running it a 13.8 volts, and it was at nearly full volume for 2 hours. After that, he had asked someone to come up and feel the amp. The amp was warm, not hot. 1000 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm
(11V-14.5V). I have a 500/1 running 2 10W3-D4. I was running them off of a Apline 1505, they sound good but not great. At 2 ohms this amp is rated at 766 watts. This is the best damn amp I have ever owned! ! ! Just to make reference, I have owned and still have an Apline 1505 rated at 900 Watts @ 4 ohms. I've also had a MTX competition amp that was rated at 50x2. Brigded to 2 ohms it ran 750 Watts, I was running 3 MTX Blue Thumders. I will never buy another amp again. Finest Amp that I have EVER owned! ! !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us