Wire 2 Kicker CVR12's to a 2 channel amp.HELP!!!!!

Username: Bfedro427

Post Number: 2
can anyone tell me what Ohm i should wire these subs at? i have them wired in paralled right now which will give me a one ohm load on my amp right? These are 4 ohm subs. I was just wodering whether i need to leave them like they are or wire them in a 4 ohm total load to my amp? Please Help? Oh by the way i have a 1000w amp that puts out 80watts rms at 4 ohms x 2.

Krazy Karl
Unregistered guest
2x 4ohm speakers = 2ohm load in parallel. 8ohm in series.

I will point you to my new favorite site (as of last night when somebody here pointed it out):

www.bcae1.com

This is everything you ever wanted to know in simple language...and it has pictures!

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 57
1000w amp at 80w rms ? or 800 :D

Username: Bfedro427

Post Number: 4
80w RMS x 2 at 4ohms. I have 2 kicker CVR12's and i was wondering if running them at 1 ohm would hurt them. I read somewhere that if you wire them at 4 ohms instead of 1 that heat would be reduced and it would be better for the sub. If this is true im going to rewire them for 4 ohms and get a bigger amp so i can put out like 350w RMS x 2 at 4 ohms. Correct me if im wrong though.

Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 7
I have a really silly question. In a system, should the amp have a higher watt rating than the speakers they connect to or vice a versa. As of right now, my belief is that the amp should have the higher rating so as not to put too much stress on the amp since you can always control the volume and not blow out the speakers. What do the professionals think?

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 12
Bump...anyone got opinions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us