Thinking about premier lineup

Unregistered guest
Howdi, I need some help with a headunit.

heres my situation, i already have a JBL GTO 75.4 amp and a pioneer XM radio tuner that I plan on connecting to a pioneer premier headunit (since they are the only ones compatible with the XM unit and i heard good things about pioneer premier head units at the time i purchased the tuner). As of right now the amp is sitting in my room and the xm tuner is hooked up to my stock stereo via a FM modulator. I have a chevy silverado, and i want to put a nice pair of components in the front (im thinking the infinity perfect 5.1 with the q-logic kickpanels) and disconnect the rear speakers, and later down the road get a set of subs. Basically im wondering which premier headunit to buy, or if i should just scrap my xm idea and go with a completely different brand (i bought all of this stuff 6 months ago and then got hammered with mtn bike repairs so it delayed the car stereo project). I was looking a little at the P8MP, because it seems a lot different then the others in the lineup, and was wondering what kind of sound quality im going to get out of it for a stereo setup. i also looked at the p760mp because it seems to be their top of the line black and white display head unit, and i don't know whether or not its worth it to step it up to the next level, or if im just paying for the color screen. My price range probably going to be below 500 for teh headunit on ebay, so any input you can give me would be great, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 127
I own a car audio shop... and I have changed my personal head unit at least 2 to 3 times per year, every year, over the years. Well....for the past two years, i've had only one, it is a DEH P940MP, this has got to tell ya somethin, yes, it really has made that big of an impression on me, maybe it will you as well. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us