Cheap amps

Username: Skeet2331

Muncie, IN USA

Post Number: 1
I have 2 MTX 8000 10" subs in a bandpass box. they are rated at 400 rms and 1000 max...they are 8 ohms wired together to get a 4 ohm load...i am looking for a cheap amp to power them...like ma audio, mtx, legacy, sound steam, or any of the others... any suggestions for a cheap amp that will run clean for years to come

Username: Udloze

NSW Australia

Post Number: 7
i would say a sony mono amp

Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 3
Sony sucks

Bronze Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 47
Don't even think about buying sony.
BAD AMPS, actually, BAD EVERYTHING...
For an 800 rms amp, u can get an mtx, it's the best bet, but it's a little pricier than u think, btw, your better off saving up a little more money than buy a cheap amp. The amp will blow right in your face if it's too cheap, and then you will have to buy a new one.

Post Number: 4
and just waste your money unless you get it at wally-world (walmart) then u got what a 3 month gurentee that u bought a piece of junk??LMAO

Muncie, IN USA

Post Number: 2
what about Audiobahn or Ma audio...another name for audiobahn right?...they are a little cheaper and can get the same power...i was thinking about getting a 6500 D but it is only rated at 250 x 1 at 12.5 volts. that seems really low and i don't want to underpower my subs. and a 8100d is really salty..i'm a poor college student ya know what i mean.

grif
Unregistered guest
i had 3 mtx 6ooo and i powered them by a sony explode 1000 watt 2 channel amp wired at 4 ohms and i took it to competition and placed high. the amp you can buy at "wally-world" or whatever the cheapest. the amp didn't finally blow til i hooked it up to a dub 800 series. that sony was the strongest and longest lasting amp i have ever owned. and the cheapest.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
ANYTHING SONY SUCKS DONT LISTEN TO THESE UNREGISTERD GUESS EVEN JONATHAN WILL TELL YOU THAT SONY SUCK!!!!

Username: Napalmz

MIDWEST

Post Number: 3
if yer gonna run a sony amp you might as well just run the head unit straight to yer subs..in other words spend the money... ive read in several instances you should almost pay up to 1$ per watt for an amp..you do the math

-Palm

Muncie, IN USA

Post Number: 6
I was thinking about getting either the MTX thunder 801D or the 1500D but i didn't know if the 1500 would over power them...it is rated at 750 X 1 at 4 ohms...the subs take 800 rms...and i didn't want to underpower them with the 801D b/c it is rated at 400 X 1 at 4 ohms..What does everyone else think. Is the 801D to little or is the 1500D to big?

Anonymous

mmm, fried amp...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us