Will my system beat....

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 95
Ok i have 2 12'' V-Max's in a 6 ft ported box tuned to around 32 Hz, i have a jbl 600.1 powering it, will it beat 2 of the older jl 12w7's? they are in a sealed box with a 2000w legacy amp, or he might have the boss piece of shiet running to it also, any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 172
haha well if hes running his subs off that legacy amp you wont have to worry about having a better system than him cuz his is going to crap out soon enough. since your VMAXs are in a large ported box im pretty sure they will get as loud if not louder than the JLs but not sure if the SQ will be comparable. anyone else w/ more experience have an opinion on this? im eager to know as well

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 96
o yea, forgot to add when he played them last, he had it turned up so loud that it was distorting terribly, sounded like total shiet

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 48
its hard to say, you guys would have to go get them meterd, it depends on vehicle and a lot of other things, W7 are a good sub in my point of veiw, there the only JL sub I like, the only thing i dont like is the price, but its hard to say, a legacy 2000 watt amp was making 2 12" W7 distort?
those amps are only like 600 watts rms at the most. since yours are in a pretty big ported box running off a good amp its hard to say, i have no clue why someone would buy 2 $600 subs and go out and buy a $50 amp, oh well go get'em metered
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us