Wiring my system

Username: Prozak76

Post Number: 1
I am trying to decide what gauge wire I NEED! I currently have a Hifonics Son of Thor 2 channel amp that is bridged to output 250w rms. I am using 8 gauge power wire. I want to add a second amp for the highs and mids. The amp I want HiFonics Zeus ZX4400 outputs 55wx4. What size power wire do I need to run from the battery to a distro block? If I can get buy with 8 gauge it would be very helful because the only hole I found in the firewall barely fits an 8 gauge wire.

Username: Prozak76

Post Number: 2
I can't get any help here?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 263
You probably could "get by with" 8 gauge for a total of 470 watts but I'd recommend 4 gauge. You may want to upgrade later.

You sure you can't get a drill bit at that hole and "waller" it out a bit so 4 gauge would fit? If you could, use a round file to smooth any rough edges and get yourself a rubber grommet(radio shack used to carry em) to go in there to protect that power wire from chafing. You can add a bit of silicone to make sure its stays put.

I don't know how the professionals(Jonathan et al) do it, but thats what I've always done.

-Fishy

Username: Superford

http://www.the12volt.com/wiring/recwirsz.asp will tell you what soze of wire to run. It depends on the amount of watts / amps and the distance needed.

Username: Aquafina74

Mount Vernon, Washington USA

My car is having a problem with charging, So I took the stereo out, didn't change anything, went to replace the deck and noticed that the way it was insalled did not appear to be the correct way!Need the correct color to color diagram!"Please"

Username: Donp

Detroit, MI USA

Post Number: 8
If your having problems charging, may be you need a new battery or blew a diode on your alternator. As far as installing, there are power, speaker and RCA outputs. If the power is not installed correctly, the thing won't work. If the speakers are not wired right, you can tell right away. So what do you think was wired wrong?

Also the 8 gauge wire for your second amp is plenty large enough to handle 220 watts out which is about 300 in, or about 25 amps.

Unregistered guest
need color speaker wiring diagram for the old hifonics zues series 7

Username: Angelstudz

Columbia , Sc USA

Post Number: 2
Hey All,
Just looking for a little advice here. How do I know if the factory-installed speakers in a 2003 Buick Century have the minimum of a 50W rating and 4-8 ohms? I need to know this to install my new stereo.
Thanks a lot!!!
D

Username: Jeenyus_8

i bought a wiring kit to wire in my amp and subs, but the instructions were shitty, and i kind of went by what i knew. i wired in everything, but it doesn't work. I thought maybe it might be the ground, where is the best plave to ground the amp to in a car? also what is the rempte port for on the amp, and what do i hook it up to?

Username: Psycho93

Post Number: 3
LOOK Michael Kozak IF U HAVENT ALREADY DONE IT TAKE A DRILL BIT DRILL THE HOLE AND USE 4 GAGE WIRE IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE

I cant get the remote wire to work
Unregistered guest
I have an alpine deck with the two wire harneses so i didnt have to spit any wire to eachother...now I have a Rockford Fosgate Amp and i dont know where to hook up the remote wire to PLease Help Me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us