W7 or L7?

Username: Jay_dub

Simmesport, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 1
What would be the clearest and loudest system to get, 2 W7 12's(maybe 13's) or 4 L7 12's? Each system would have 2 1000 watt amps.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1780
W7s would def. have best SQ, loudest would be the L7s.

Punner
Unregistered guest
yeah, john is correct once again

La United States

Post Number: 3
Everybody says that 2 w7's would hit 150db, about how much would 4 L7 12's hit?

Anonymous

"clean and loud" that would be the 2 w7s, loud would be the L7s, just depending on what you are looking for. Everybody has a differernt taste, but overall, the 2 13w7 would be sure sound better than the L7s, personally heard the 13w7, it's loud and clean, had also heard the L7, it's loud for sure but sq was okay, they are in a differrnt ballpark (I have not yet listen to the other size w7, but if i'm going to get a w7, 13w7 would be only w7 really worth that money) Well, that's only IMO.

La United States

Post Number: 6
I'm looking for something that would sound good with any kind of bass, high and low.I don't want anything that will distort easy.How loud you think 4 13w7 would be.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1784
4 13W7s would be louder than 4 L7s. If you want it to sound really good with all music, you might as well forget the L7s altogether and get the W7s. The db difference is minimal and all are far past being capable of destroying your hearing.

La United States

Post Number: 7
Thanks Jonathan, I trying to decide on the price, you can get 4 L7s for the price of 2 w7s.what u think would be the best boom for the buck?

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 49
with two w7's playing at their potential, its so loud it'a be hard to even see straight, 4 would be way overkill, but all in all the w7 is a much better woofer than a l7, better sq, more excursion, and more reliable, but yes, more expensive, personally for what you'd pay for a w7 i'd rather have a dd 9500

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 170
ya the 13w7 is awesome. my friend has one running off the JL 1000/0 and it slams. so loud yet still crystal clear bass. i think your heart would stop beating if you hooked up 4 w7s lol and your entire bank account would be dry. stick with 2 w7s and youll be very happy =) good luck and happy bumping

La United States

Post Number: 8
What Kind of box would be the best for 2 w7s,a bandpass,a ported or a sealed?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1794
Forget bandpass, it'd kill the purpose of a SQ sub. Stick to either the JL recommended sealed or ported box. Ported if you want more SPL, sealed for a flatter response. Both sound excellent, it's just about your personal preference. With what you're looking for, you'd probably want ported.

Anonymous

What the best competition system to get?I want to enter my truck into a db competition but I don't know what subwoofers to get.the cheapest and the loudest is what i would like.Can someone please help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us