Dose anyone have a box desine for 2 Xsite 10"? Help, anyone!

Username: Vermtheworm

La Crosse, WI USA

Post Number: 1
I have 2 Xsite 10" 800Watt RMS subs. I want to buld a box for them but i dont know what would be the best desine. I was thinking a bandpass box, but i dont know how big to buld it. Dose anyone have blue prints i could use, or any suggestions? Thanks!
If you have blue prints you could just E-mail them to me at VermTheWorm18@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Username: Forcesofchaos

Post Number: 10
www.caraudiohelp.com

check out the right colum side of the page about enclosures

La Crosse, WI USA

Post Number: 2
I looked over there... There is not much there, but i found something else i have been looking for tho.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 156
I went to their site looking for some T/S parameters and found none, not even a box recommendation.

Top Secret speaker specs is not very encouraging.

If someone can get a hold of the T/S specs I could recommend a box for you.

-Fishy

La Crosse, WI USA

Post Number: 3
I went looking around and i found a booklit thing that came with the sub. It just told me stuff on what to use for making the box, like 3/4 medium density fiberboard. It also gave me a volume equation Volume = height x width x depth divideded by 1728. but other wise it has nothing, wich sucks.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 159
lol, your kidding. It doesn't even give a recommended enclosure size for a sealed box in cubic feet?

Whats the exact model # of the sub you have(XS1080 perhaps?)? I could go googling again with that I guess.

-Fishy

La Crosse, WI USA

Post Number: 4
I did some more looking around and I found the Enclosuer volumes, it was a pain tho.
The Minimum sealed(cubic feet) is 0.5
Maximum Sealed is 1.0
Some other info that might be useful is..
Fill (polyester fiberfill) 50%
3dB down (minimum sealed) 62
3dB down (Maximum sealed) 56
It is the XS1080. Thanks for helping me!
*Verm*

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 166
Hmmm, those are pretty high half power points. If you can dig up some Thiele/Small parameters(fs, Qts, Vas, etc.) we might be able to design a ported box that would play a bit lower or at least louder.

I think a bandbass would be a slightly ambitious endeavor at this point however.

-Fishy

La Crosse, WI USA

Post Number: 5
The numbers i posted were wrong. i wrote the XS1080 numbers, mine is the XS1280 so the right numbers are
Minimum sealed 0.5
maximum sealed 1.06
fill (polyester fiberfill) 50%
3dB down (minimum sealed) 58
2dB down (maximum sealed) 39
sorry about that. i cant belive i made that mastake! lol...
but the other parameters you were looking for are..
FO(HZ) 25.20
Qms 4.1
Qes 0.38
Qts 0.34
Vas (liters) 48
Vas(cubic feet) 1.7
EBP 65
Revc(2 each@)Ohms 3.6
Xmax(mm) linear peak-peak 24
Levc (mH) 0.85

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 168
Ok, have you ever built speaker boxes before? because ported this thing is going to probably require a 'L'slot port. I just don't see how we could fit a 19" long 3" pvc port in a 1 cu ft box. You could go with 1 cu ft sealed but I doubt you're gonna get a 39 Hz down 3 dB point even with fiber fill. I'm gettin about a 52 Hz half power point on winISD. Thats not much low bass even with cabin gain. I compared it to a sealed box 12w6v2(I know, big dif in quality/price) and it was sorely lacking.

If you're good with carpentry you'd get a lot better extended response ported.

What do you plan on powering these with anyways?

-Fishy

La Crosse, WI USA

Post Number: 6
I Have not ever built a box, and i am farly good at carpentry, and if i do run into any probloms i know some people that will give me a hand. I was planing on powering them with a 1000watt or 1600watt amp. The reason i would go with the 1600watt is cuz it is only 25 bucks more. I have not got the amp yet but it is a Legacy amp. Here is a link if you want to check it out
.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5721250039 %26
I have a frind that has one already and it works great. I think i can build what ever you could come up with...

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 192
Yeah I think I'd play it safe and go with what they recommend to start with. A sealed 1 cu ft box half filled with fiberfill. After comparing to a couple of other subs 52 Hz ain't that bad You can always try a slot ported box later. Might even be able to just add ports to what you have. Since that amp will only be providing 200 watts RMS to ea sub you should be able to get away with straight 2 1/2 x 13" ports.

When you build that box have one inside dimension greater than say 15 inches then you'll have room to add a 2 1/2" straight port later. A box with separate enclosures for both sub with an outside width of at least 32" would work. Or better yet we could go with a common enclosure and one 4 x 16" straight port. Yeah that would be simplest for you. Try a sealed box with say 2.2 cubic feet common internal volume.

Where and in what vehicle is this going into?

-Fishy

La Crosse, WI USA

Post Number: 8
It is going to be going into a 2000 Ford Exploer XLT. It will prob. be in the back.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 202
Thats the same style as the 96 right? Do you have a window blind like thing that you can pull back to cover cargo? I've got a '96 Sport and I pull that blind thing back so no one can tell I have a system. I have my amps mounted on the back of that rear seat so everything is covered up. Go measure the distance between the wheel wells. If its like mine its a touch over 41". Go verify that then I can figure out some external dimensions for a sealed box. I'm thinking separate enclosures at this point. If those speakers are much different from each other they might not sound so good in a common enclosure. If you decide to go ported later you'll just have to build a new box or try 2 1/2" ports in the sealed one.

Get back to me with that distance between the wheel wells and whether you have one of those cargo cover dealies.

-Fishy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unregistered guest
hey chris whats the actual website for the XSITE subs not the ebay one but "official" one

JW

thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 23
www.xsiteusa.com

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 325
I didn't find it very informative.

http://www.xsiteusa.com/

-Fishy

Sinister
Unregistered guest
how did the box turn out? Just picked up a 10" xsite sub for less then 20$ new...figured it be fun to play around with.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5114
you could go with a prebuilt box like the ones here;
www.bigdogcaraudio.com

if you want data on box building, this should help some, too;
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

Scarenius
Unregistered guest
I'd say go sealed, don't under any circumstance get a pre-fab enclosure. You can build a box twice as good with minimal carpentry skills and 1/3 the price in materials.

As for the legacy amp, I have one word for you. DON'T. If that thing pushes 1/5 the power it claims, you're doing very well. Legacy = junk. Think. Shouldn't there be a bigger price difference between 1000 watts and 1600. Your friend's amp is probably doing the same. If you're that obsessive about power ratings, look for a class D 3000 watt BOSS amp, it'll do maybe 300, but hey, it says 3000! Yay. I saw an MA Audio 4200 watt amp benched at 210 watts a channel. That stuff ain't cool. My old Legacy 240 watt amp benched at 12 watts / channel. 12! Expect 160 RMS out of that thing. For the money, an SPL 1200 watt amp will do a lot better, it's not great, but better than legacy by a lot.

I found this thread looking for info on XS1080 subs, I hear they're very good for the money. I hope the guy didn't waste his money on a Legacy Amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 41
i ordered from big dog before, took them 1 month to send the box. i called everyday and they kept telling me " it's being sent out today. we'll send you a fedx tracking # once it has"
not happy. and not good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us