Sub came apart

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 88
my sub coil came apart from my cone, the dealer said that this was cause by my "bullsh*t amp" but it seems to me that this would be more of a speaker flaw. you can see the imprint of the voice coil on the back of the dustcap and it's dead center so it's not like there was a ton of distortion rattling it loose. but what do you all think, was it my 1100d that did it or was it just a faulty speaker?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 639
well id say speaker but you were also driving it too hard i was doing the same thing to my audiobahn immortal quad voice coil 12 running my mtx 81000d to it and if i pushed it hard i heard a noise out of the center dustcap area like something was hitting it and the thing is the box size i used was recommended on audiobahns site and the speaker was suppossed to handle 2000 rms and all i had going to it was 1500 rms ...so all you audiobahn lovers think bout that when you give them praise ....there not all they are cracked up to be trust me

Silver Member

Post Number: 640
was your box larger than specs called for?

Bronze Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 89
nope they built the box to match the sub, which they hand build *the sub that is* the sub is supposed to be rated for 1200w rms and it's getting 1100w rms so I just figured the glue was weak or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 642
what brand and series sub was this im curious

Bronze Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 90
shocker super extreme

Silver Member

Post Number: 643