Will this all hook up right and work?

Bronze Member
Username: Wrestlertreece

Post Number: 42
Ok..Lets say i got the MTX 1501d class amp..and i hook up 2 shivas and a MTX Road Thunder RT10X3A 10 Tri-Sub Loaded Enclosure subs..will this all work right what modifications to my car will i have to make? can anyone tell me? and will i need the HO alternator for the MTX 1501d?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 119
Its not a good idea to run different subs in the same frequency range, especially different size subs. It'll be loud sure, but won't sound too pretty. If you want more subs add exactly the same kind and make sure they all play in like enclosures.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
thx but i dont get what you mean...why wouldnt they sound very good? is there a certin way that i could hook them up.. i mean no biggy if it wouldnt be good cuz i aint bought any of em yet..so..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
will it hit at all if i do get it and hook it up what do u guyz recomend for me to go with if not this..

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 223
Unless you know exactly what you are doing, which from what I've seen you say about how you know nothing about car audio, then stay away from this idea. LIke Fishy said, stick with same sub, same size, same enclosure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
alright.. i was thinkin bout gettin it hooked up somewhere instead of trustin my lucky.. (its bad trust me) but i'll take your guyz advise and see what i come up with..

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 235
You're a crazy guy Mr. Treece.

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 129
lol, reminds me of me 15 years ago.

I guess the theory behind using the same sub at like frequencies involves cone velocity or so I was told when I wanted to do the same thing :-). Two different type of subs playing at the same frequency move in and out at different speeds(not frequency of course) which apparently is not good for SQ. I really don't understand it either other than that maybe that velocity differential could lead to a phase relationship problem or something.

Maybe Jonathan could explain.

I would think two Shivas at 500 watts RMS ea would totally kickorz with that amp and most people here would probabaly agree that Adire makes a lil better sub than MTX.

And yeah, a new alternator might just be in your future with that amp.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Ok.. LOL and yes I am a crazy guy least according to my G/F..I'm just wanting a really nice system hook up that can run pretty cheap i mean under a 1000 that will sound nice..I'm tryin to see if i can Blow the doors strait off my car.. U think its possible???

Silver Member

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 130
A few feet of primer cord in parallel with a JL 1000/1 might do the trick.

-Fishy :P

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
ok.. i'll try anything once..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Yo fishy u think that amp can power them MTX's and the Sivas alright?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us